Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started working on remodeling my garage for the third time. I have painted the floor twice and re-organized it several times but his is the first time I took the plunge and spackled and painted the walls and ceiling. I have been wanting to do this for the 5 years I have been in the house, but I hate spackling and didn`t want do deal with the mess. My house is 30 years old and the garage ceiling and walls have never been painted. The side walls didn`t even have drywall on them when I moved in. I am attaching some pictures of the garage from finish to a couple months ago. I will post some finished pictures when I finally get it finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    This what the garage looked like the first year I moved in.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a picture from the first round of cleaning up the garage and organizing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Painted garage floor with U-Coat-It system. I had to grind off most of the epoxy I had on before I used this system to get this system to work correctly. Grinding the old floor was a horrible project but the end result was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the garage today which is between the 2nd and 3rd time of remodeling. This time I am sucking it up and spackling the ceiling and walls so I can finally paint the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job -- looks like fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing. I have my work cut out as well. Right now I don`t have drywall up and the lighting needs work in my garage. I`m dreading it :nervous2: knowing that it`s going to be alot of work. Can`t wait to see your finished work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really good! Hard to find a garage with no walls nowadays!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar issue with the floor so i decided to say eff it and i did basic VCT. the whole floor cost me less than $350 including the glue.

Garage looks great so far. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse me for be dumb but what is a VTC floor? I love the black and white look where did you purchase everything? $350 is very reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvspl
    Excuse me for be dumb but what is a VTC floor? I love the black and white look where did you purchase everything? $350 is very reasonable.
    VCT is Vinyl Composition Tile. It`s the stuff a lot of grocery stores use. You can buy it in 1`x1` squares in pretty much any color. It`s usually $0.50-0.60 per square foot, plus the cost of some glue. Cheap and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jopa489, the VCT floor looks great and so does your garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got finished with the spackling last weekend. I started to put the first coat of primer on it but only got part of the way. It took me 2 1/2 hours just to prime the block on the bottom of the wall. This project has been a lot more work than I expected, but it will be worth it when it is done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at it this way, Atleast you do not have to live in it during your remodel.

I added a 2nd story onto my house making it go from 1200sq/ft to over 3000sq/ft and lived in it the entire two years it took to do it. I did it all by myself minus my father in law and a helping hand here and there. House had no roof just a tarp for months and only tar paper on the outside for just under two years.

So just be glad you can close the door and be back in reality and not have to live in a hard hat only zone the entire time it takes to do this...

Just something to lift your spirit...

- LI 85
    1985 Z-28 Camaro Black On Black 6speed 11.24 1/4 Mile --- All Guarded By ZAINO

2008 Tiburon GT

2002 Elantra GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information