Post Thanks / Like
    My garage isn`t anything to be proud of or show off. But, my "man cave" is my home theater, and so while it isn`t a garage, I thought I`d take a minute to show it off a bit! Hope the mods don`t mind this sort of off-topic post!

Some say it has a screen large enough to dwarf Westminster Abbey, and if the speakers are set to max, dogs a mile away will go deaf. All we know is, it`s called The Stig Cinema!

Speakers are behind the front wall, the red isn`t paint, but rather an acoustically transparent fabric, as is the screen.

Equipment is from 2004, so the video isn`t the best:

> Martin Logan Clarity, Cinema i, Script i speakers

> Bob Carver Sunfire amp

> Denon pre-processor

> Sharpvision 10000U DLP projector (720p)

I hope before the end of the year, to have a 1080p projector and blu ray, finally. But I spent the budget on construction, so it has to wait. Still, I absolutely love my home theater. I`m also working on upgrading my theater PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool

One thing to add- Home depot has an IR lightswitch that works really well! I installed one and LOVE IT!

It lets me turn the lights off after sitting down. Big plus! Worth every cent and its only like $30

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YeboGoGo
    Very cool

One thing to add- Home depot has an IR lightswitch that works really well! I installed one and LOVE IT!

It lets me turn the lights off after sitting down. Big plus! Worth every cent and its only like $30

Do you have a part number on that light switch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the textured walls. The paint color looks very similar to our living room. Is it by chance `Antique Tin` (Behr Premium Ultra)?
    2000 Eclipse GT

Post Thanks / Like
    The light switch idea is awesome, but I want more control over the lighting and with the IR ones, all switches respond. I am shopping for some switches that have scene control. The plan is to have an "intermission" option, for example, that brings lights up 50% and turns on the stair light.

Quote Originally Posted by GS-R Jay
    Love the textured walls. The paint color looks very similar to our living room. Is it by chance `Antique Tin` (Behr Premium Ultra)?

It is Behr paint, but it isn`t "Antique Tin". I can`t remember the name off the top of my head, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to steal the thread but I`ve done something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a little detail on mine.

NHT speakers

Elemental Design A5-350 sub (15" driver and 108lbs

Homemade 100" screen`

PT-AE3000U 1080p projector

ps3

Directv-One receiver connected to both projector and small TV by treadmill

Denon 2307ci A/V receiver.

Xantech IR emitter

Lutron light swtich w/IR eye

Harmony PS3 adapter-Allows Harmony to control PS3

Slingbox

Mame game machine-I built it about 3 years ago and have since sold it.

I put all my A/V equipment in another room and control it via the Lutron light switch/eye. I can point my Harmony 880 remote anywhere in the room and this IR eye picks it up and sends commands to the hidden equipment. I have the Harmony set-up to do a bunch of things. For example, when I hit "watch TV" it will turn on the lights for 30 seconds, turn on the projector, turn on the A/V receiver, select all the correct outputs, and then slowly dim the lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks awesome...here is my set up.. Its a work in progress but i need to get some finished (for now) pictures

in those pictures i put on the tinted primer for the red paint

the finished version has a dark red paint along the back wall while the cieling is painted red.

the tv is a dlp 65 inch screen with a yamaha receiver with infinity 5.1 surround sound speakers blueray, xbox, satellite, wifi set up, i pod docking station.

seats are black leather 1/4 moon shape with recliners at the end, leather ottoman which doubles as storage...not a bad set up for a diy w/ a budget of 2500 (damn couch was half of the budget)

ill try to get some pics this week and update

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice set up! At my house at school i have a optoma hd20 great 1080p projector for under a grand.

Thread Information