Post Thanks / Like
    I read everything on the package and cans I got to do my floor, its a two part epoxy. If it says clean up with thinner and xylene it is not a water based product correct?

It did not come with a clear so can I use any non water based clear epoxy over it?

Also can you buy those flakes/chips in a little can or they only sell them with the epoxy?

Thanks,

- LI 85
    1985 Z-28 Camaro Black On Black 6speed 11.24 1/4 Mile --- All Guarded By ZAINO

2008 Tiburon GT

2002 Elantra GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Found Just the chips..

So my real question is can I put a 100% solids clear over a solvent based base coat.

2008 Tiburon GT

2002 Elantra GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally i would not have bought the kit. It won`t last long. Go professional installation, it will be worth it in the long run. I did that at my home and up at the cottage used the kit. Fades and scratches/chips much easier. It is a POS in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    So let me ask you something what is the difference in gettin a pro to do it and doing it myself besides paying 4X more?

I highly doubt they use 100% solids unless you ask them for it which makes the price jump even more. They use the regular 77% solids which is a solvent based coating.

The coating you are most likely refering too that you did yourself is a water based which you are correct are garbage. Water based is roughly 40% solid

Also did you etch the concrete before applying it, because etching it makes a big difference as well.

The kits that are WB are indeed garbage but that is not what I have, I have the mid grade one, which i will be etching the concrete putting down a primer than basecoat with the chips then a clear which will most likely be 100% solids.

I would put my floor up against the floors that the pros put in and I doubt you will see a difference when applied and after time.

2008 Tiburon GT

2002 Elantra GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably 10x more for a pro. I`ve read good things about U-CoatIt...bad things about the HD Rustoleum, etc. kits.

Thread Information