Post Thanks / Like
    I had some free time so decided to spend 40 hrs cleaning out the garage and while I was at it I turned it into my own personal detailing bay. I painted the walls, the floor, posted up 4 fluorescent lamps, and threw out A LOT of stuff. Still work in progress, will be running the air hose into the ceiling to a roof retractable reel, and a retractable electric cord. and posting up some nice car posters. Enjoy.

Before Pics

After Pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good man. What kinda flooring did you use?
    down here in colorful colorado!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White lexus 23
    looks good man. What kinda flooring did you use?

thanks! I used Rustoleum garage floor paint, color Tan with Flakes, and 3 coats of high-gloss sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    where would i find somthing like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White lexus 23
    where would i find somthing like that?

Both Lowes and Home Depot have them, HD had them for $16 cheaper, $104 for a 2.5 car garage kit. The sealant I bought separate for $20. If you dont want to spend too much then there`s Quik Crete brand for half the price, but you get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like
    sweet that dosnt sound like a bad deal at all. thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job on the garage. I know how hard it is to throw out all the junk thinking one day you`re going to use it lol. On a side note of opinionated tips; mounting your hose reel up high is a pain, it`ll always swing and hit the car unless you get enough slack for it to lay on the ground. What I did was made a simple work bench in the corner and attached the reel to one of the legs of if. Keep an eye out for cheap reels at Walmart, I snagged my 50ft. retractable 3/8in. for ~$20 on clearance. Next day, saw the same one (Workforce) at TSC for $64 I`ve been searching for some of those plug in fixtures, where did you find them? One more thing, I would try to find a cheap 5500k+ screw in replacement bulb. Once you get addicted to bright 6500k tubes, there`s no such thing as too much light!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrobbins
    Nice job on the garage. I know how hard it is to throw out all the junk thinking one day you`re going to use it lol. On a side note of opinionated tips; mounting your hose reel up high is a pain, it`ll always swing and hit the car unless you get enough slack for it to lay on the ground. What I did was made a simple work bench in the corner and attached the reel to one of the legs of if. Keep an eye out for cheap reels at Walmart, I snagged my 50ft. retractable 3/8in. for ~$20 on clearance. Next day, saw the same one (Workforce) at TSC for $64 I`ve been searching for some of those plug in fixtures, where did you find them? One more thing, I would try to find a cheap 5500k+ screw in replacement bulb. Once you get addicted to bright 6500k tubes, there`s no such thing as too much light!

Thanks for tip! I got the fixtures from Home Depot for ~$9.74 per fixture, Lowes and Walmart have them too for just a few cents +/-. I really wanted to go with 6500K bulbs but some say they are too bright and "unnatural". So I went with 4100K bulbs, they were half the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s not a bad price at all, I was expecting ~$50ish. Everyone has their own opinions on lights, though I will say I love them. I have 8 48in. 6500k tubes in my garage and can see everything from RIDS to micro marring and swirls on the top surfaces. I still use halogens for the bottom panels and vertical surfaces. Definitely worth $2.75/bulb to me. I used 4100k and 5500k for years, now I`m like a moth on crack with these. I did suspend some about a foot from the ceiling, it helps to track them in the paint to see flaws and dents. I would still like to try out incandescent lights, I`ve heard they`re good for spotting imperfections also. Oh, another tip for that bare wall, peg board + various hooks & mounting kits; you will love it for hanging tools and random clutter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrobbins
    That`s not a bad price at all, I was expecting ~$50ish. Everyone has their own opinions on lights, though I will say I love them. I have 8 48in. 6500k tubes in my garage and can see everything from RIDS to micro marring and swirls on the top surfaces. I still use halogens for the bottom panels and vertical surfaces. Definitely worth $2.75/bulb to me. I used 4100k and 5500k for years, now I`m like a moth on crack with these. I did suspend some about a foot from the ceiling, it helps to track them in the paint to see flaws and dents. I would still like to try out incandescent lights, I`ve heard they`re good for spotting imperfections also. Oh, another tip for that bare wall, peg board + various hooks & mounting kits; you will love it for hanging tools and random clutter.

dang, I should of gotten 6500K bulbs, they do look really cool! I have yet to test out the lights for paint correction.hope it isn`t too bad. Peg board...eehhh... not my type of style. I already got a brush hanger on the shelf by the garage door.

Thread Information