Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Moth balls and formaldehyde. Just a few drops of formaldehyde can`t be detected by our noses, but animals hate it. Also works to humanely keep pets off of furniture.

A FEW well spaced drops or very LIGHT spray. You will need very little.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    As earlier noted, call animal control and have them (humanely) trap it. I was visiting my brother a while back and we were playing pool when we noticed a skunk asleep on the couch (named him "Stinky!). Called animal control who came with a Havahart trap. It took him about an hour to wake up and head inside for the bait (I think they used peanut butter). Once in, they covered it with a blanket (said if he can`t see what`s out there, he won`t spray) and took him far away to be released. The next morning, we found the entrance point and sealed it up.

LL

Post Thanks / Like
    lland- Woo-hoo, that`s one cool story...on the *couch* Good on you for handling it the right way :xyxthumbs

Since my last post on this thread we had a skunk on the back deck...the dogs found it and it sprayed my male just a bit before I called him away from it, but nothing a quick wipe with Outright couldn`t fix. Maybe it didn`t even *spray* in the usual sense, it sure wasn`t any big deal. It appears the skunk realized it coulda been dogfood, haven`t seen it since.

BTW, that Outright stuff works very, very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the other tenant of my apartment buuilding, *my* skunk left about 30 minutes after I soaked him. It is my understanding that a neighbor humanely trapped him, and released him in the boonies.

I have seen a cat in the neighborhood, and so, I think the moth crystals are coming out. Or, I`ll prevail on the landlady to make both garage doors closeable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was advised by the local pest control company to cover three sides of the Havahart trap with a garbage bag. Once the trap is set, the entrance will then be covered by the trap door. You then just have to sneak a peek to make sure you`ve caught a skunk.

Another Central PA resident here BTW :wavey
    2003 Chevrolet Corvette

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU 98
    I was advised by the local pest control company to cover three sides of the Havahart trap with a garbage bag...

Yeah, critters seem more inclined to go in those traps when the sides/top are covered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Yeah, critters seem more inclined to go in those traps when the sides/top are covered.

And you don`t have to worry about getting sprayed disposing of the trap.

Maybe we should move this thread to the "pest control" section
    2003 Chevrolet Corvette

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Having worked as a schoolteacher for 34 years, I`ve seen a few "two-legged" pests in my day......

Post Thanks / Like
    .....but now I get to wave at them as they go by in the school bus while I`m having my morning coffee (or tending to the car)!

(Ah, the smell of Griot`s Wheel Cleaner in the morning...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Moe!- Heh heh, sounds like you`re settling into retirement just fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator--Yes, I`m doing just fine. Everyone asked me, "What will you do with your time?"

I have plenty to do. I can tend to the Focus and BMW at will, I still teach some tennis lessons leftover from my summer job, I keep current with my kids, I am playing more tennis now, and I am getting back into cooking mode, which I like to do.

Ah, the bell peppers (that I grew) on the sausage sandwiches I served at my local lodge during the Steeler game last night.

Sorry about no pics of the BMW. I don`t own a digital camera. When one of the kids stops over, I will take care of that. Maybe it is time to get a digital camera.

Thanks for asking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information