Post Thanks / Like
    I want to have something electric or propane.

I only have a 2 1/2 stall. What would you suggest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Little propane space heaters work great to initially heat up the area you are working in and to heat up the floor you are working on.

http://www.comfortchannel.com/images/SPC125KFH_HERO.jpg

But you don`t want something like that to heat your garage at all times.

Good luck, and I am curious to see what other people suggest because I am in the market for a heating system for my storage garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a wood stove that we have to open the door to let the heat in the house cause it gets so damn hot. but in the mean time i find that the 5 halagen work lights that i use for light, have the great added benifit of throwing ALOT of heat while the stove gets going, or just during quick projects

Post Thanks / Like
    My concern with an actual flame is that I use fiberglass epoxies and various paints. I don`t want explosions, but I do want HEAT. I`ll keep my eyes on this thread!
    I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of those lasko ceramic heaters for my 9 month olds room.

I may sneak it out and try it.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a MrHeater propane heater. It was like $70 at Lowe`s and works well. Runs off the little propane cylinders.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely, an overhead radiant heater to keep your garage warm and toasty...

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a wall mount propane heater with a 100 gallon propane tank outside does the trick great

Post Thanks / Like
    I just installed a 17,000 btu Dayton electric unit heater in my 25x28 garage. Last winter I insulated the attic above, this winter I`m in the process of insulating the walls but I`m only half done. Set at its lowest setting, below "low", it keeps the garage above freezing. Set at "low", it`s warm enough to work with a sweater on and no jacket, even wash a car in flip flops. My other option was natural gas, but I`m not comfortable running gas pipe and cutting my roof for the flue. This heater needs a dedicated 30 amp 240v circuit, which was no problem for me.

I absolutely love it! It won`t heat up a cold garage as quickly as a gas heater, but it will maintain whatever temperature I want.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased one of the NG blue flame heaters from Lowe`s about 7 years ago. It`s rated at 30K btu`s which is overkill for my 2 car but is great as it heats it to 70 QUICKLY which is nice after you are working outside and want to bring it up to temperature. They have these in propane as well. It also has a thermastat built in and I added a blower. Couple this with the ceiling fan I have and it circulates the heat quite nicely. I can work on and wash our cars in the garage all winter long and maintain temps from 60 - 70 without issue. It`s quite nice getting into your car and it`s the same temperature as your house :xyxthumbs

The only downside is with a flame heater it generates moisture so you will find some stuff starts to rust but nothing major. Like I said, I`ve been running this for over 7 years without issue. This is by far one of the best things I`ve done to my garage

Post Thanks / Like
    I use this:

DESA Reddy Heater -

Heats my 3-car non-insulated with loft in about 4 minutes. 200,000 btu`s works well

But for your situation, I would use one of those tank mounted propane heaters. Ive used them before, and they work very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    In an effort to insure I had a garage I could retreat to anytime of the year here in michigan, I had radiant floor heat put in when the house was built. It has only been 2 yrs. since I been in the house but I spend a

great deal of time in the garage so it has been worth the cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by in2ba8
    In an effort to insure I had a garage I could retreat to anytime of the year here in michigan, I had radiant floor heat put in when the house was built. It has only been 2 yrs. since I been in the house but I spend a great deal of time in the garage so it has been worth the cost.
    This is the best way to go if you`re building new. :up
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this Fahrenheit 5000W heater on Craig’s list for $100. I had the 12/3 electric wire but I needed to purchase the dual breaker 30amp circuit breaker. Total install was less than $120. Keeps my 2 car garage toasty when I am working in the winter.

Thread Information