I wasn`t sure where would be the best place to post this so I figured I would try here first. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I`ve got an issue with my pressure washer. It is a Delta with a Honda engine. I can`t remember the exact model number, but it is just a basic gas powered unit. It started acting up a few uses ago. What it seemed to be doing is not releasing the pressure build up as I released the trigger of the gun. It would start to bog the motor down and eventually stall it out. Yesterday, I was going to use it for a couple cars and it was behaving this way consistantly only this time it didn`t stall right away. I tried to pull the trigger again to relieve the pressure but couldn`t even budge it becuase of the high pressure build up. Within seconds I hear a load POP and noticed the hose burst.

My first instinct led me to believe that there was a clog in the wand or something. So I went out and bought a new hose and wand but still had the same problem (as soon as I started it, the o-ring seal from the hose to the wand started leaking under the pressure build up).

I`m guessing there must be a part that releases the pressure when you are not shooting water that must be malfunctioning. Does anyone know what this is called and where I can find out more about it (replace it)?