Post Thanks / Like
    I have been gifted with the pleasure of living in Lousiania :tumblewee where car ports are SUPER common... :hairpull so I got a house with one :grrr Anyways as of now it is open to everything... aside from making me broke making it a garage, I have come to the conclusion that I going to put up lattice on one side and get some vine to grow on it to give it a more closed in feel... Anyone have any Ideas :think2 that might help me make this a little detailing paradise... maybe I should get a mister...
    Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I have something in the works... stand by (few weeks)
    Canfield

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be interesting. Cant wait to see what you come up with.
    -Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    A mister in Louisiana would be useless. Misters work in a dry heat, they will not work in a humid heat, as we suffer in Louisiana and here in Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsown
    I have been gifted with the pleasure of living in Lousiania :tumblewee where car ports are SUPER common... :hairpull so I got a house with one :grrr Anyways as of now it is open to everything... aside from making me broke making it a garage, I have come to the conclusion that I going to put up lattice on one side and get some vine to grow on it to give it a more closed in feel... Anyone have any Ideas :think2 that might help me make this a little detailing paradise... maybe I should get a mister...
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to install a mister, but It still in the works I have alot of projects that I`m working on, including the kitchen sink...
    Canfield

Post Thanks / Like
    OK so far this is what I got, sorry about the mess I got going but I have a whole house and yard worth of projects that keep me busy all the time, this is spose to be my R&R from my deployment but so far the only time I rest is my 5 hours of sleep, and this Here you go:

The car port was open and I wanted to close it in for a cheap price, so I put up a lattice wall to give it the closed in feel, not only does it help block prying eyes, it helps block the rain, sun (while still providing light) and then the vines grow and blossom they will smell good. The front of the car port will stay open but in the event of sunlight or rain when detailing, Im going to put up a tarp via bungee cords till Im done, it will look tacky but its only for a hours.

next I moved over my cabnit full of my detailing stuff to block a door (dont it use and I plan on closing it off) I also have constucted a bench/ storage for oil change stuff, detailing stool car jack/ stands, and my shop vac, and some other junk. I plan on painting it or stainng it not all to sure yet, I also plan on putting on a "hutch" or top part to give more storage while giving me a bench.

Thats all I got so far, but plan on adding new lighting and a stero system and some other stuff not all to sure what yet though.

ok when photobucket comes up again I will post becuse "upload failed" when I tried to do it here and photobucket is doing maint.
    Canfield

Post Thanks / Like

once again sorry for the mess as I said alot of projects, and the part of thegrass that is torn up was to drain my yard when we had floods, havent had time in the heat to put in a proper drain.
    Canfield

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a cool US Flag you got there, not sure why I noticed it but I did. Sucks having a house with no garage though. Looking good so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Screw the carport for now! Lets see pics of the 7!!:bounce
    Quality Doesn`t Cost, It Pay`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a nice abode. Not to mention what you`ve done so far works. I`ve begun to adore those trees that you having lining the driveway. We have them all over here in South Carolina.

More pix of the 7

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good.. only other thing i can suggest is going and getting some of that clear plastic ribbed roofing stuff available at lowes or home depot, and put that around the sides. helps with diffusing the weather and such.

Thread Information