Post Thanks / Like
    This weekend was the first nice weekend in the Chicago area. Yesterday I cleaned up the yard and little and washed the car in the driveway for the first time this year with a hose and bucket. Sure felt good.

Today I took all the wheeled stuff out of the garage and scrubbed the floor.

This was good weekend.:thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you use a powerwasher? Do you use some kind of degreaser / cleaner or just old water and a hose?
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Coupe (almost stock...)

1987 Buick Grand National (10.22 @ 131 , E85)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know as well. I dont have a powerwasher so I just use a hose and a scrub brush with simple green. Do they make a soap or some kind of abrasive that you can scrub on the concrete with to clean it?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I had bare concrete, I used concrete cleaner and stain remover from Griot`s Garage, followed by a pressure wash.

I had an epoxy floor put down a couple years ago, so all I`ve had to do now is some Simple Green and a scrub brush on the end of a long handle so I don`t have to bend over. After that, hose it out and squeegee to help it dry.

This is what it looked like after the epoxy was applied and before I moved everything back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ern
    I would like to know as well. I dont have a powerwasher so I just use a hose and a scrub brush with simple green. Do they make a soap or some kind of abrasive that you can scrub on the concrete with to clean it?

On bare concrete floors, Swab Concrete Cleaner (Gunk Brand) works great. You just wet the floor with a hose, sprinkle the Swab powder, and work it with a stiff broom. Then you hose everything off.

On painted floors Simple Green works pretty well unless it`s really oily or greasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simple green is good for regular cleaning. But I like laquer thinner for removing things like oil stains. TSP helps too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris9982
    When I had bare concrete, I used concrete cleaner and stain remover from Griot`s Garage, followed by a pressure wash.

I had an epoxy floor put down a couple years ago, so all I`ve had to do now is some Simple Green and a scrub brush on the end of a long handle so I don`t have to bend over. After that, hose it out and squeegee to help it dry.

This is what it looked like after the epoxy was applied and before I moved everything back in.

Morris, I like the color and sheen of your floor.

What brand and color is that epoxy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sockmonkey,

The floor was put down by a company called Garage Store and More that are here in the greater Chicago area. I do not know if they have any other locations. The floor material is from Crown Polymer.

Post Thanks / Like
    NICE DUDE:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Purple Power is better than Green in most cases. You can also get a dedicated concrete cleaner for UNSEALED floors. It can cause some pretty caustic odors, so keep fresh air coming in while you clean, but man what an amazing job the stuff does. My concrete looked like it was just poured when I finished. Easy work too. Damp concrete, apply cleaner/etching agent, wait briefly (here you may agitate with bristle broom), rinse really really thoroughly. Ta Da! Oil stains, transmission fluid stains, rust stains, from years of use completely gone (on my floors).
    Good driving and good listening!!

Thread Information