Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting ready to do an oil change on my 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. Me and my dad were talking about which is best for newer vehicles. I only have 12,000 miles on the car and am going to use Castrol Syntec Blend, just dont think I need a full synthetic. Price is not a factor so would going full synthetic be worth it?

What are your preferences for oil and why?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Mobil 1 because I like to pay full synthetic price for an oil that`s not really really a full synthetic anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Castrol Magnatec and very happy with its performance. It also makes the engine runs smoother and quieter. Cheaper than a fully synthetic. I even notice the engine starts easier in the morning. And adds a little more pickup to the engine`s acceleration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently using Mobil1 but will switch to Penzoil Platinum at the next oil change.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Purple motor oil because I like the cool purple color bottles they come in. :laugh:

Actually I felt a slight power improvement and better MPG from the OEM oil when switched to full synthetic.
    If you do not change what your doing today, tomorrow will be no different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Motorcraft 5W-20 is my go-to oil.

I have tried Pennzoil Platinum "full synthetic" with good results, as well as Mobil Clean 5000.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing but Mobil 1 - 15,000 mile cause it`s the best I`ve used so far over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    If price is no object than there really is no downside to using a full synthetic.

I regularly run Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 or Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 in the Mustang. I have been doing used oil analysis on the Mustang for years and they always come back with glowing reports.

I just had a used oil analysis done at 102K with an oil change interval of 7500 miles. The Mustang does not burn a drop of oil and the results again were positive with below normal wear and no water, fuel or solids in the oil and plenty of additive left with a TBN of 3.0 (TBN of 1.0 is considered low).

If you have questions about your oil than I would suggest used oil analysis. I use Blackstone labs and would recommend them to anyone.

Blackstone Laboratories

Post Thanks / Like
    I run Mobil 1 5w30 in my Impala and I run Penzoil Platinum 5w20 in my Focus. I`ve been flling the Impala with Mobil 1 for years. I think synthetic is the way to go.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s pretty hard to justify using anthing over the OEM approved and recommended Motorcraft 5W20 as it`s a spectacular product.

Overall you would just have to keep this car well over 300k miles to perhaps maybe see a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Penzoil Platinum synthetic 5w20 in my `05 Mazda3 for the past couple years. I run it 7500K between changes. After my 2nd 7500K run, I sent it in for a UOA. It came back flawless and showed that I could have run it out longer. Platinum, IMO, is the best bang for the buck synthetic oil out there...or, it used to be. I stocked up with 60+ quarts a couple years ago when they had crazy deals ($1.99/qt.).

For my leased Tacoma, I use Motorcraft 5w20 and change it every 5K. MC is a rock solid oil.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I use oils that meet the mfr`s required spec for my vehicles

Post Thanks / Like
    ^LOL well said.

I haven`t been on Autopia long but I am surprised it took this long for an oil thread to start up

Post Thanks / Like
    I take all of mine back to the dealer. I use OEM oil and have them fill out that maitenance book that is in your owner`s manual. I follow everything it says from time for an oil change, change spark plugs, and even do a flush. Just doing that will greatly increase you resale value and really increase trade in value if you take it back to the same type of dealer. :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yal
    ^LOL well said.

I haven`t been on Autopia long but I am surprised it took this long for an oil thread to start up

Oh, we`ve had them before...they usually turn into a brawl after a while, just like a wax thread (my oil is better than your oil )

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information