Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on which car.

Vette: Mobil 1 Extended performance (15,OOO mile) synthetic 10W-30

Integra GS-R: Same as above

Integra LS : Whatever autozone has on sale....general that is Valvoline 10W-30

I usually choose the heavier weight oil because of oil consumption and how I drive my vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know anyone that has had an oil problem that was not a design problem (bad pcv system) or just lack of changing on a reasonable basis.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    AMsoil for me here.

It all started when I heard that Amsoil Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30

remedied the third gear stickiness of 2006/2008 Honda Civic SI`s,even though I don`t own an SI model but I thought it would help with my regular DXG Civic and while I was ordering MTF I also decided to order 5 W 20 motor oil and WIX oil filter .

My manual transmission now goes through the gears like butter,the engine is good to go until the maintenance minder tells me so which is a year or 5500 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    I do not know anyone that has had an oil problem that was not a design problem (bad pcv system) or just lack of changing on a reasonable basis.

Wear of bearings, rings, and other moving parts can be related to "oil problems". Shrinking seals and gaskets are other "oil problems". I`d venture to say that a great many engine problems could be remedied if the oil had performed perfectly. Have you ever rebuilt an engine? If you do, you`ll see all these things and how the oil is so critical.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Mobil 1 5-30 Synthetic. My car sometimes sits at the airport for weeks in below freezing temps. I have found that with most oils it takes a while for the engine to start, gets real sluggish. Not with Mobil 1. My last vehicle, 1992 Explorer, I used Pennzoil with Duralube as an additive to get over the sluggishness.

Since Volvo doesn`t recommend any additives, I go with Mobil 1 in the 2005 XC-70 and 2007 S80 and haven`t had any problems. I have noticed that the XC-70 gets about 4 mpg better mileage with the synthetic over Castrol on those occassions I have neglected to inform the dealer I want the synthetic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mobil 1 0W40

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use M1 but in my daily drivers, I have switched to Pennzoil Platinum Syn due to the fact that I can get a 5qt jug at walmart for $19 and tests show its just as good as M1, read more here Bob Is The Oil Guy - Powered by Motor Oil

In my hawk I am using german castrol green 0w-30, I have a supply of 19qts and holding.
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mobil 1 5-50 rally formula on the supra TT a bit expensive but has been good so far.. change oil every year since it is mostly a garage queen.

Valvoline 5-30 Longlife oil for my passat TDI 4 Motion
    Flex 3401VRG :waxing::waxing::waxing::waxing::getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Redline motor and gear oils.

Post Thanks / Like
    mobil1 and castrol gtx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mobil 1 mostly, tried Royal purple and have been happy with it as well. M1 is just a good solid oil that offers good protection and has good additives for versatile and durable performance. Royal purple has some impressive claims so i figure why not give it a shot.

What i tend to find just as important, if not more important than the oil is the oil filter. I use Mobil 1 or K&N filters and my oil comes out only a slight shade darker than when i put it in 5000 miles ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I change my oil usually every 5 weeks( I drive 800 a week) or so, Toyota says use Syn. oil every 5000, Its all a bag of hot air, $60 for an oil change, going back to QS or Castrol. $24.00 with a free car wash, I`ve been changing oil this way for 42 years. You can use Wolf`s head if u change it every 3000. Never had an engine problem in 42 years, had a 80 peugot diesel with 330,000 miles and never a problem. PM

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 10w30 in my turboed Civic. Seems to work fine for me.

I want to try this praised Amsoil.

Post Thanks / Like
    mobil 1 5w30... never had a problem with it so why change.
    Boyce Auto Detailing

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information