Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttrow
    Quick update, found a place for 93.00 + shipping. I think the 166.00 shipped is the highest price I have come across.

Buy the The Designers Edge L-2203 90w Fluor Tripod Light at Hardware World - The world`s #1 home hardware site

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks much for the links Ruttrow...if you happen to open the boxes, keep us updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostydog
    You`ve used these new high output CFL reflective style spot lights and still couldn`t see marring!?!? I`m completly disheartened right now I really thought these would have been the answer for me...

I`ve seen the light from bulbs of this style and was completely blown away...and those bulbs weren`t even in a spot light/reflector style housing. They`re about 2-4 times as bright as a normal strait tube style fluorescent and they can have a color of 6000+ degrees kelvin, which is basically daylight...

The ones like that I checked out were in an art gallery- I wasn`t inspecting auto paint but rather finishes on picture frames. Nope, they were better than the tube-types but not as good IMO as incandescents.

The reflector housing isn`t IMO a big deal. I probably get the *best* marring spotting ability without a reflective housing :nixweiss Bare bulb, ceiling-mounted fixtures (about as basic as it gets) probably work the best for me out of all the lights I`ve tried.

But I hate to be such a wet blanket, especially when I haven`t tried something in an actual detailing shop setting. If they work it`d be great, so post back if they do work out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information