Post Thanks / Like
    I have wanted to coat my garage floor for a long time as it looks awful. The owner of my house before me painted the floor with regular paint so as you can guess it gets picked up very easily. It looks awful with my nicely detailed car in there. I would love a floor that is cheap as i plan to move in 2 years and looks nice and glossy. I know allot of people have tried the Home Depot/Lowes garage floor coating from epoxy shield i believe is the company. How is that holding up for you guys? is there any other cheap garage floor coating kits that will have a nice shine? i don`t care if it has flakes or not as long as it has some shine to showcase the car some more. Cause im a car whore lol.

Thanks guys.
    2002 GT Mustang 5speed

-sprayed,drag radials,powershifted every day

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a good place to ask.... Did mine with Rustoleum 4 years ago and it still looks good! Like detailing... All in the Prep work......

Flooring - The Garage Journal Board

Post Thanks / Like
    Well well well, look who it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i look here alot, dont post much.
    2002 GT Mustang 5speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not consider PVC floortiles, in two years you can take them with you. A few hundred bucks spent on paint is gone for ever.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by spike_africa
    I have wanted to coat my garage floor for a long time as it looks awful. The owner of my house before me painted the floor with regular paint so as you can guess it gets picked up very easily. It looks awful with my nicely detailed car in there. I would love a floor that is cheap as i plan to move in 2 years and looks nice and glossy. I know allot of people have tried the Home Depot/Lowes garage floor coating from epoxy shield i believe is the company. How is that holding up for you guys? is there any other cheap garage floor coating kits that will have a nice shine? i don`t care if it has flakes or not as long as it has some shine to showcase the car some more. Cause im a car whore lol.

Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    `My brother-in-law just put down a new epoxy floor about two weeks ago. I haven\`t seen it in person but from the pics it came out really well. I think he said he paid about $350 or so, but admitted that he bought too much. His single car garage probably could have been done for well under $300, but he wanted to make sure he had enough materials to do it in a single weekend.\r\n\r\nHere\`s a shot from his garage door looking back into the garage:\r\n\r\n`

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother-in-law just did his single car garage for about $350, although he admitted that it could have been done for cheaper b/c he purchased too much material. Turned out really well, finished it up a weekend or two ago.

Here`s a pic he took from his garage door looking back into the garage:

Post Thanks / Like
    i work at discount tire and about every month or so we have our floors cleaned and sealed. some guy comes in with a pressure washer that has bruses on it and scrubs tehf floor clean. then we seal with quick crete....all i know is that thats the brand but i dont know what it exactly is, ill look for you tomorrow. it leaves a nice gloss and is really durable. doesn`t flake either. it holds up to our abuse of lube, various acidic chemicals, throwing metal objects on it...abrasive soaps etc etc
    03 Redfire Mustang GT

13.9 when it was stock

Intake, Exhaust now

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i did my floor about 1 month ago, its looks great. Total cost was $110 after some cleaning supplies and painting supplies i needed. Took me almost 4 hours for the prep work and only 35mins or so to paint the whole floor. It looks alot better in my garage now. I need to sell my old dryer then i will post some pics.
    2002 GT Mustang 5speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Epoxy is great on the floors. Easy cleanup.

Did you go woth the Epoxy Shield?

Post Thanks / Like
    does anyone have a one step floor coating system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by razr007
    does anyone have a one step floor coating system?

I do and it turned out great. just spend the extra time in your prepwork. I purchased the rustoleum brand "epoxyshield" from Lowes. To make it even more durable I purchased the rustoleum "premium clear coat" online since it was hard to find locally. Certain states pulled the clear coat from all the store shelves due to stricter regulations. At least that is what I was told here in california. You can buy the clear here EPOXYShield Premium Clear Coating.

So far so good. No hot tire pickup whatsoever and the finish came out beautiful. It is a true one step process. Just mix the activator with the paint and begin rolling

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info. do you have any pics`

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the before photo

And after

Thread Information