Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I are looking at buying our first home. The one we looked at last night needs some work (its more in our price range that way). The garage in particular was used as a makeshift junkyard/autoshop. There were engine parts laying around, tools everywhere, a carcass of a car, etc. I know there will be bad stains from oil and other other fluids. What is the best way to thoroughly clean and remove those stains after such abuse?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    well, you can get an abrasive soap and put it on the concrete, scrub for a little while and pressure wash away

thats what we do at work, i work at a tire shop and it works great! hope that helps
    03 Redfire Mustang GT

13.9 when it was stock

Intake, Exhaust now

Post Thanks / Like
    Griot`s has some concrete cleaner and stain remover that worked better for me than other things I tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had good luck with Pour and Restore on oil soaked concrete Pour-N-Restore

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this online and it worked well and was cheap. It`s strong smelling so be careful. A pressure washer would work best, but I got by with just a hose.

A Heavy-Duty Floor Cleaner

Here`s a recipe for a solution that will remove extra-tough dirt and grime from asphalt, glazed or unglazed ceramic tile, concrete, flagstone, and slate floors:

* Mix:

1/4 cup low-sudsing, all-purpose cleaner

1 cup ammonia

1/2 gallon cool or cold water.

Caution: Wear rubber gloves, and work in a well-ventilated area when using this powerful solution.

* Apply the solution to the floor with a sponge mop, using pressure for heavily soiled areas; rinse with cool, clear water for spotless results.

* Dry with a soft cloth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kitty litter will absorb it, but Castrol SuperClean will get rid of the stain, but if you want the cheaper one,first lay dry laundry soap over it to soak up any wet oil. if you have no wet oil, make a paste of dry laundry detergent and liquid dish soap( like dawn) and spread it over the stain. grind it in with a broom or brush. hose it off if you can without damaging things in your garage or get a squeegee`s and dust pan and scrape it up.

If you use Kitty Litter, make sure it`s not the "self-clumping" kind. Your best bet is go to your local auto parts resources and get a small bag of Floor Dry (or equivalent). It`s what everybody is calling kitty litter, but it doesn`t clump together like the new style of kitty litter...

Goodluck!!!

Thread Information