Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car covers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmac

How do you handle removing a rained-on or dew-soaked cover ?

I don`t if it`s wet I wait for it to dry before I drive that car

is this a car you drive every day?

if so putting on a cover, taking off the cover then wipping with a WW I think you are just asking for marring

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmac
    J,

Got the cover this week, and it`s been a little bit of a learning curve to put it on and remove with morning dew on it. I`ve been trying to towel down the cover before removing it to lessen the chance of runoff getting on the car, but thee is some moisture that seems to be getting through.

I use a WW drying towel to remove any moisture on the car which helps.

How do you handle removing a rained-on or dew-soaked cover ?

I roll the cover starting from one end until I get about 75% of the cover rolled up, and then go to the opposite end and roll it up until the two ends meet. This will trap the moisture without letting any get on your car, and also help you remove the cover without dragging it across your paint or taking the chance of dropping it on the ground.

I don`t worry about the moisture in the cover if its going to go back on the car within 24 hours or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    As the cover is lifted by breezes [and so on] dust will collect between the cover and paint. You mentioned Cal Car Covers ... they do have zip up covers [includes a drive on pad] that go over your covered car. Extreme? yes ... but this will keep out the dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dug this up so has not make a new post about car covers...

Here`s my car cover question:

I live in the south where its hot, humid, and rainy 95% of the time. My weekend car sits under a narrow 1 car carport, my car came with a SLP issued carcover which is made of this silver type nylon, I am sure its treated w/water repellent but from taking the cover on and off I can now see micro scratches so I know its causing these. I ran across a good deal on a cal cover in the "waffle weave" style fabric and it is much softer and of course should scratch much less hopefully. To add a twist, my neighborhood is undergoing a lot of new construction and thus, we get plenty of dust which concerns me with the new fabric cal cover. Therefore, I came up with this method::think2 cover the clean car with the cal cover fabric cover, then put the SLP nylon cover over that to keep the dust off of the cal cover so it won`t get dirty and scratch the car. My question IS, since both covers are breathable by using two covers am I smothering the first cover with the second one, IE: keeping in more dampness/moisture? :nervous:
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    California car cover here.. I have the Dustop and love.. best cover made.. period!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qballjr13
    FWIW I recently bought a California Car Cover Company Duststop cover for my father`s streetrod. Totally custom dimensioned to fit all the custom badywork and it was under $300. You should call them and ask about your specific car, if I remember correctly they started under 200. I would call before you write them off.

Great cover!
    1987 Buick Turbo T 61,000 Original miles "Garage Ornament"(Sold):aww:

2000 GMC Ext Cab Z71

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Shield LC2
    California car cover here.. I have the Dustop and love.. best cover made.. period!
    I love the stormweave which is pretty thick and can cushion against light blows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information