Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m improving the lighting and painting my entire garage, but why stop there. I decided on the BLT G-flooring because of cost. I don`t want to mess with epoxy and race deck is just too expensive. I also don`t like the idea of snap together tiles. I like to hose out my garage every so often and I can envision water getting underneath and forming mold / mildew.

G-FloorĂ‚® Garage & Concrete Floor Protector Mats — Better Life Technology

The only drawback I have read about the G-floor was that hot tires sometimes stain the mats, but it seems that brake cleaner or kerosene cleans that up quick.

Now all I have to do pick the pattern....it comes in the following patterns:

ribbed: washing out would be easiest with this

Coin: My second choice

Diamond plate: My first choice

Levant: I think I need to see this in person...looks like a flat leather like texture. Since this pattern is flat it would probably hold up the best while jacking a car up.

For color I am going gray or sand, but without samples I really am having a hard time picking a pattern. Hopefully some of you have this flooring and can comment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how these work out for you. I`ve always been curious -- as I`ve seen them at Costco, Sams, and Sutherlands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DETAILKING
    Well, I`m improving the lighting and painting my entire garage, but why stop there. I decided on the BLT G-flooring because of cost. I don`t want to mess with epoxy and race deck is just too expensive. I also don`t like the idea of snap together tiles. I like to hose out my garage every so often and I can envision water getting underneath and forming mold / mildew.

G-FloorĂ‚® Garage & Concrete Floor Protector Mats — Better Life Technology

The only drawback I have read about the G-floor was that hot tires sometimes stain the mats, but it seems that brake cleaner or kerosene cleans that up quick.

Now all I have to do pick the pattern....it comes in the following patterns:

ribbed: washing out would be easiest with this

Coin: My second choice

Diamond plate: My first choice

Levant: I think I need to see this in person...looks like a flat leather like texture. Since this pattern is flat it would probably hold up the best while jacking a car up.

For color I am going gray or sand, but without samples I really am having a hard time picking a pattern. Hopefully some of you have this flooring and can comment!

I installed the BLT mats in my garage and later took them out. The tires will stain the mat and nothing including brake cleaner, kerosene, acetone, lacquer thinner will remove the stains. The other thing that I did not care for was the amount of shrinking in the winter and expansion in the summer that the mats do. In the winter even in California the mats would shrink and buckle when the cars were in the garage. In the summer they would expand in the heat and leave large humps in the mats. I even tried to tape them using commercial double sided carpet tape but they did the same thing. When I removed the mats I was amazed at how much mildew there was under the mat; so the concern over mildew will not be solved by this product. I replaced the mats with the Moto Floor tiles sold by Costco that are made by Snap On Industries, the same company that makes Race Deck and have been very pleased.

Fpr me the BLT mats were a waste of money.
    Lou K

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your input.....did you have the thin residental mat or the commercial quality mat? What pattern?

It baffles me how moisture got under your mat........is your concrete coated? Mine is bare so the pourosity of the floor should soak up any minor moisure.

The expansion and shrinkage wont bother me, I plan to keep it 1` short of the walls all around and cover that area with a matching indoor outdoor hallway runner style carpet with rubber backing. I think it will shrink and expand as necessary without buckling since it`s not fastened to the floor (aka floating floor). The staining issue does bother me. Perhaps going with a black mat would hide this better.....

Does costo still sell those tiles? How much a square foot? Do you have pictures of your tile installation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DETAILKING
    thanks for your input.....did you have the thin residental mat or the commercial quality mat? What pattern?

It baffles me how moisture got under your mat........is your concrete coated? Mine is bare so the pourosity of the floor should soak up any minor moisure.

The expansion and shrinkage wont bother me, I plan to keep it 1` short of the walls all around and cover that area with a matching indoor outdoor hallway runner style carpet with rubber backing. I think it will shrink and expand as necessary without buckling since it`s not fastened to the floor (aka floating floor). The staining issue does bother me. Perhaps going with a black mat would hide this better.....

Does costo still sell those tiles? How much a square foot? Do you have pictures of your tile installation?

If cars are in the garage or if you have cabinets, tool chests the floor will no longer float since it will be anchored by the objects on the mat. When a car is pulled in from the rain I assume that a certain amount of moisture seeps under the mat and since the mat is smooth on the bottom there isn`t any where for it to escape.

The Moto Floor tiles do have a honey combed air space on the bottom that I assume will allow the water to evaporate. I replaced one of my tiles and the floor was dry.

Check the Costco web site for the pricing. They have a sale on the tiles at least 2 times a year.

I`ll attach the only 2 shots that I have of the garage. Here goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lou K

Post Thanks / Like
    Those tiles are a tempting alternative to race deck.....I have heard though, that the white is a bear to clean. Also since my daily driver is going in this garage, it`s going to get messy in the winters with the snow melt. I would think the tiles might be worse because the water will penetrate the seams and get underneath...with the mat I just don`t see how water can get under it unless the concrete "sweats." And if I have to really clean the floor good I can use the hose on the mat....wouldn`t dare do that with tiles. I guess I could go with the tiles and buy a beater car so that they don`t get dirty! But then I just added 6-8K to my budget!!

Ugh....nothing seems like it`s the perfect solution....annoying.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, your garage (and cars look great!

Thread Information