Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    On the jack stands, I have a few extra tiles, though I would bet a piece of plywood would be cheap insurance? Moisture under tiles is far better than under roll out too? unless your going to remove it for cleaning?

That mat doesn`t breathe the tiles do very well in fact

I`m so fanatical I pull it out and compressor blow it clean every day, the neighbors just love me....

PS My jackstands have special home made feet out of rubber:har:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy
    On the jack stands, I have a few extra tiles, though I would bet a piece of plywood would be cheap insurance?

PS My jackstands have special home made feet out of rubber:har:
    Yeah, Jason (from Dynotile) recommended using a 2x2 plate or a sturdy piece of wood.

I am curious to know how you made your feet, would you share?

However what concerns me more is the amount of weight that is focused on the stand being too much for the tile to handle. Regardless I will use wood for the few times that I do end up using the jack stands.

Thanks! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t understand how those tiles can breathe unless they had holes in them........with the mat it`s totally sealed surface so nothing should get under it anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like
    The tiles dont sit flat, they have a honeycomb under structure. It was my main concern. I did get water in my garage a few times ( lived here a year) Fixed it with grading and drainage but we did get a tiny bit. It dried fast under the tile

Try this for an experiment, tape a garbage bag on your floor, all the way taped. Wait 24 hours and open it up, if it has any moisture at all dont consider the rubber.

Honestly, Mold is a killer, and your homeowners is weaseling out of it little by little so you may be on your own.

Worth the price of a bag?

On those feet, the silly part, I used Hockey Pucks.... We used to use them a lot when I worked as an aircraft tech. Straws in the jacks is another trick I remember. But that was when I was lowering 3 jacks alone, with a 50,000# plane on it. Wanted to make sure the jacks were properly lined up. The straws gave me an extra foot to see before any contact was made. Used the same trick installing a toilet today.

Now I gotta go rip out two rugs for the installers tomorrow. Its 1 AM?

Think I may sneak down and put a light coat of Klass on too....

Post Thanks / Like
    hello, we are new here, but i love this section!

i have been thru all the epoxy coatings and they lifted even after proper prep, tried plastic tiles and had discoloration with a lite grey, so i installed 6x6 quarry tile on fast settingt epoxy grout. same tile that has been i fire houses for years. we work 7 days a week and i did this almost 2 years ago and have had no problems!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy
    The tiles dont sit flat, they have a honeycomb under structure. It was my main concern. I did get water in my garage a few times ( lived here a year) Fixed it with grading and drainage but we did get a tiny bit. It dried fast under the tile

Try this for an experiment, tape a garbage bag on your floor, all the way taped. Wait 24 hours and open it up, if it has any moisture at all dont consider the rubber.

Honestly, Mold is a killer, and your homeowners is weaseling out of it little by little so you may be on your own.

Worth the price of a bag?

On those feet, the silly part, I used Hockey Pucks.... We used to use them a lot when I worked as an aircraft tech. Straws in the jacks is another trick I remember. But that was when I was lowering 3 jacks alone, with a 50,000# plane on it. Wanted to make sure the jacks were properly lined up. The straws gave me an extra foot to see before any contact was made. Used the same trick installing a toilet today.

Now I gotta go rip out two rugs for the installers tomorrow. Its 1 AM?

Think I may sneak down and put a light coat of Klass on too....

can you elaborate on the straw trick? I`m trying to imagine what you are tyring to explain and I just keep thinking about those crazy bendy straws for soda`s!

Post Thanks / Like
    picture yourself holding a toilet trying to line up the holes in the porcelain base with the two studs coming out of the bathroom floor. Its hard, cant see, bent over, now slide a straight straw over each stud, giving you a 12 inch guide easily seen to aid you in aligning the job.

Its a silly looking but really great time saver, like taking a small paper bag and taping it to the wall ( opened) with masking tape when you drill. No mess

I would love stone in my garage but it would be cold to work on in the winter, at least for me? Never tried it through?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Race Deck and love it. I called them directly and they beat all of the others I looked at.
    Jimmy

Vintage Racer / Car Nut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information