Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What color schemes/themes are you guys running with?

I am signing on a newly built house tomorrow and need wall color ideas. We have the rest of the house taken care of but I am stumped for colors for the garage.

The floor will be epoxied dark gray/charcoal with silver foil flakes once my wood refinishing projects are completed.

Post pics if you have them.

Post Thanks / Like
    My garage is unfinished, but is on the long list of things to do.

You should be able to find some samples over here --> The Garage Journal
    `05 MDX / `04 6s 5-door

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a member there also and have been researching their archives for some time now. I have gotten a few ideas from there but mostly for epoxy.

Post Thanks / Like
    My walls and ceiling are white. Cabinets are black with red doors. Concrete is unfinished.I am thinking of painting a real light checker flag pattern on the top of one of the walls. Maybe with just an off white. Sort of a ghost effect.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds pretty cool.

Mine are white walls and ceiling, don`t plan to paint the ceiling. I have thought about a flat/gloss checkerboard pattern on the walls with 36" blocks.

I have three chrome stainless steel shelving units, a red Craftsman rollaway, and a small fridge that I plan to paint red to match the craftsman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I like that idea... so the same color paint, just checker flat and gloss? You got me thinking now.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a tile job one time where a guy had flat black and gloss black checkers across his walls. He had white cabinets and I layed black marble with white veins and white marble with black veins on his floor in a checker pattern. It looked tough but I am not sure if I want it in my garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are about to do the same thing! Our walls are currently white that will probably get repainted and then have a black stripe go all around the garage to much the black tool cabinets.

If you are doing a gray I`d paint my walls white and then do a stripe in the middle of each wall that same color gray as well, you might like it you might not. It would not be that hard to cover up if you didn`t like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    White walls and ceiling in my shop too, makes for better lighting effect as they`re bright and reflective.

In my preivous shop (commercial setting) I had the lower 2` or so painted a light-medium gray so nasty dirt wouldn`t show. I was surprised at how much brighter things are with all-white.

I have a black with black/white checkerboard (well, checkered flag ) motiff for the the garage bath wall tile, but I want pretty plain styling in the shop. Less distracting visually and I just like the nothing-fancy/functional look. Anything other than the plain glossy white would cut down on the bright reflectiveness too.

My floor is a mottled gray (epoxy/stone material) and sometimes the "busy-ness" of it makes it hard to find dropped stuff, especially small items that blend in with the look of the floor. A plain light gray would`ve been better in that regard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have white walls in my garage. It really brightens it up a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a point with the bright reflectiveness of white walls. I want color but you are pulling me away from the darker colors.

I currently have two lights in the ceiling but I have four florescent dual tube units that I can install if need be. I think I may install two in the ceiling and one on each side wall.

May still go with a lighter color as I doubt I will ever have all of the lights on at one time.

Keep the ideas coming. This has really got me thinking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehonda
    You have a point with the bright reflectiveness of white walls. I want color but you are pulling me away from the darker colors...

No foolin`, the dark walls will just suck up the light.

I currently have two lights in the ceiling but I have four florescent dual tube units that I can install if need be. I think I may install two in the ceiling and one on each side wall.

May still go with a lighter color as I doubt I will ever have all of the lights on at one time..

I think you`ll find that you *do* have `em all on a lot of the time; generally there`s never enough light. And note that fluorescents aren`t very good for seeing marring (lots of threads on this..)

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always recommended to all my customers to use a exterior paint in a garage. It`s more durable and easy to wipe clean (use a satin or gloss finish).
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5
    I always recommended to all my customers to use a exterior paint in a garage. It`s more durable and easy to wipe clean (use a satin or gloss finish).

Yeah, I used a gloss-finish epoxy and it cleans up easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics

Someone has to have pics of their paint schemes that they can share.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information