Post Thanks / Like
    So the time has come, ive got way too much crap to keep in the small bin in which i used to keep all my detailing products and tools... ive been on a search for some nice cabinets or racks to keep the stuff... it will be in my garage so weather protection isnt really needed, however id like to keep the stuff from getting dusty and getting bugs into the stuff.... i really like the look of the coleman stuff, but its too expensive and i dont need a whole huge system... im considering buying some plywood/lumber and building my own... or just buying one large cabinet... but i dont know what to look for.... do any of you have any tips or advice as to what i should look for or what i should build into one? thanx in advance
    From Chaos comes Clarity

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Crystal Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I use towel bars (like from a bathroom) to put all my spray bottles on. just screw them to the wall and put the bottle over the rack with the handle over the bar.

I use wire baskets for towels on shelves, but I dont have problems with bugs or dust.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Building is always a more satisfying option, but sometimes can get just as expensive as buying something pre-made. Kind of boils down to how much time you want to spend.

The Coleman cabinets are a really good bang for your buck, more so since they`re on clearance these days. I started with just the smaller tall cabinet by Coleman and was able to fit just about all of my stuff in that one, but I caved and bought more.
    2004 Titanium Pearl Mitsubishi Galant ES

Post Thanks / Like
    i think i found the perfect option for me at home despot haha... thats right despot.. anywho... its a tall cabinet with moveable shelving and stuff i can hang/hold on the door... which is exactly what i wanted to build... with less headaches hehe... ill post a picture when i get it..
    From Chaos comes Clarity

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a nice unit. Home despot has a lot of good options. Another option is looking at garage sales and stuff for old/used kitchen cabinets. They might not look the best but they are functional and often inexpensive. I put the old dishwasher in the garage since it has a nice worksurface, storage space with racks inside, and with caster wheels I can roll it around.

Post Thanks / Like
    finally.

garage organization is ftw.

finally got this all together after it came with the wrong part... i love it so far... its much easier to find things than in the bottom of a box.

fully assembled

merchant love

still a little bit of room.
    From Chaos comes Clarity

Post Thanks / Like
    How much that run ya?

Post Thanks / Like
    IIRC it was about $150 at home despot.
    From Chaos comes Clarity

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s with all the distilled water?

Post Thanks / Like
    my car has an intercooler sprayer, theres a tank for it in the trunk... if you use anything but distilled water you run the risk of mucking up the lines. i also use alcohol in the tank when it gets colder out.. hence the IPA in there as well
    From Chaos comes Clarity

Post Thanks / Like
    looks very nice
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    What`s with all the distilled water?

final rinse = no spots. a bottle of distilled water is only 0.25 at the supermarket refill machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAOS
    So the time has come, ive got way too much crap to keep in the small bin in which i used to keep all my detailing products and tools... ive been on a search for some nice cabinets or racks to keep the stuff... it will be in my garage so weather protection isnt really needed, however id like to keep the stuff from getting dusty and getting bugs into the stuff.... i really like the look of the coleman stuff, but its too expensive and i dont need a whole huge system... im considering buying some plywood/lumber and building my own... or just buying one large cabinet... but i dont know what to look for.... do any of you have any tips or advice as to what i should look for or what i should build into one? thanx in advance

If you`re looking for a cheap alternative, check out craigslist for kitchen cabinets. Often times you can find some good ones in the free section or very cheap in some of the other sections.

Thread Information