Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to lay epoxy, I have always cleaned with muriatic acid in the past. If/When you get a peel or two, just use a palm sander with heavy grit and spot coat it. I have also found that whatever coat you use, do at least two, if not three coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Race Deck and love it. I put it in about 3 years ago and still looks great, really easy to keep clean.
    Jimmy

Vintage Racer / Car Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    i am actually an acid stain contractor. the floor is only as good as what is protecting it. we have some new materials that make garge headaches a thing of the past. Dean has made a great comment that the acid is "in" the concrete and the clear top need attention once and a while....we now have a product called "P.A.P." this is an industrial coating that can be used as a standalone product with color in it or as a clear over a decrative floor. either way its the "best" coating out there bar none . 100%uv resistant (contains nothing that can yellow), 3 times more scratch resistant than epoxy, will not bond to plastisizers in hot tires(hot tire peel up), reistant to almost all chemicals including sulfuric acid, comes in colors or clear and best of all....cures in 2hrs which means you can drive your toys back in the same day. we even have an Acid stain look alike for jobs with extreme time constraints. ill try to post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine that, a first time poster advertising the product they sell. What is the term for this practice called?

Quote Originally Posted by xscash
    i am actually an acid stain contractor. the floor is only as good as what is protecting it. we have some new materials that make garge headaches a thing of the past. Dean has made a great comment that the acid is "in" the concrete and the clear top need attention once and a while....we now have a product called "P.A.P." this is an industrial coating that can be used as a standalone product with color in it or as a clear over a decrative floor. either way its the "best" coating out there bar none . 100%uv resistant (contains nothing that can yellow), 3 times more scratch resistant than epoxy, will not bond to plastisizers in hot tires(hot tire peel up), reistant to almost all chemicals including sulfuric acid, comes in colors or clear and best of all....cures in 2hrs which means you can drive your toys back in the same day. we even have an Acid stain look alike for jobs with extreme time constraints. ill try to post some pics.

A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    Imagine that, a first time poster advertising the product they sell. What is the term for this practice called?

notice i did not post my website, company name or ph#!!! just giving info. dont hijack! i used bing to search for somthing and this post was displayed in the results, the topic intrigued me and i thought i would lend some professional info. its people like you that keep the pros from handing out helping advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    notice i did not post my website, company name or ph#!!! just giving info. dont hijack! i used bing to search for somthing and this post was displayed in the results, the topic intrigued me and i thought i would lend some professional info. its people like you that keep the pros from handing out helping advice.

It`s pros like you handing out "helping advice" that end up helping their bottom line. It`s the nature of SPAM. After all it`s not like this thread was on the top of anyones list. It`s been hiding for years.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s pros like you handing out "helping advice" that end up helping their bottom line. It`s the nature of SPAM. After all it`s not like this thread was on the top of anyones list. It`s been hiding for years.
    funny, i just answered a pm with the info on the product that I do not sell. im in the installation biz not the sales rep biz. i do not help myself in anyway giving out info. but ive been to plenty of "DIY" jobs that were done incorrectly and with a bit of guidance could of been done properly. if you do not need help...step aside and keep on topic, i have memberships on tons of forums for auto enthusiest and there is always 1 guy that wants to hi-jack everyones thread....cant beleive i found him on my first day.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have memberships on tons of forums for auto enthusiest and there is always 1 guy that wants to hi-jack everyones thread....cant beleive i found him on my first day.

No doubt car forums of any type are a great place to hawk luxury concrete sealing systems. Do you jump to this topic as quickly when joining other sites? Calling hi-jack is always a good ploy to deflect attention. If staying on topic were really one of your focuses you wouldn`t have found the need to rebuff my initial post. :ignore
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Dean,

How does that fan work for ya? Got any info on where to get one?

I have a swisstrax flooring, I really like it. MUCH more durable than racedeck. I love the floor in the winters, NO water to walk on.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    If staying on topic were really one of your focuses you wouldn`t have found the need to rebuff my initial post. :ignore
    im new here, if this is the way you treat all in your forum then i do not belong here...you do not belong hi-jacking others threads and calling out some one without the thought of a rebuttal....and yes its rebutt, not buff. its nice that you get someone who could answer some questions and you push them away. i do not see any reason to be part of this forum. if there is a mod out there please remove me from your members, slickery i appologize for lettin this jacazz suc me into his off topic rants.

Post Thanks / Like
    im new here, if this is the way you treat all in your forum then i do not belong here...you do not belong hi-jacking others threads and calling out some one without the thought of a rebuttal....and yes its rebutt, not buff. its nice that you get someone who could answer some questions and you push them away. i do not see any reason to be part of this forum. if there is a mod out there please remove me from your members, slickery i appologize for lettin this jacazz suc me into his off topic rants.
    Actually it rebut not rebutt but judging from the rest of the spelling or grammar in this post...:har:

My initial response would have been the rebuff (to abruptly reject), my apologies.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I`m in trouble also xscash, I replied to a post about flooring and brought up polished concrete and being that`s what I do for a living I guess I can`t give advice or opinions on the subject, so from now on if someone has a question about decorative concrete I shouldn`t offer an opinion, advice or recommendation and just let people who are not experienced in the subject give the advice. I for one didn`t see it as you selling your services and offering an alternative, now if you posted something like "all the other types of flooring are junk give me a call at 555-1212 and I`ll send you an estimate! CALL NOW!" besides a pm I wouldn`t even know how to contact you, hell you don`t even list the state you live in. Gearhead I think your a little wound tight although I can see your fear of this site being over run with people trying to sell their services which is understandable I don`t think that was his intention.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyways"

Post Thanks / Like
    I originally wanted to do epoxy, but the combination of my floors being too pitted and the stories of epoxy lifting over time forced me down the racedeck route. The reason I didn`t like the idea of a tile solution was because I didn`t like walking on plastic -- thought it would feel cheap since it`s not connected to the floor.

In practice, I`m finding that what I thought I wouldn`t like about Racedeck is exactly what I do like. It`s easy to keep the floor spotless and it doesn`t get cold like concrete, so I never hesitate to walk barefoot on it. I use a Dirt Dog to keep it clean and mop occasionally. About once every six months I use Racedeck`s stripper and sealant and it looks actually better than new once the sealant is applied. The other advantage is that I can take the floor with me if we move. Also, if I ever damage a tile, I can replace in about 5 minutes for $3. I`m really very happy that logistics force me to take my "second choice" of a tile solution.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peterp
    I originally wanted to do epoxy, but the combination of my floors being too pitted and the stories of epoxy lifting over time forced me down the racedeck route. The reason I didn`t like the idea of a tile solution was because I didn`t like walking on plastic -- thought it would feel cheap since it`s not connected to the floor.

In practice, I`m finding that what I thought I wouldn`t like about Racedeck is exactly what I do like. It`s easy to keep the floor spotless and it doesn`t get cold like concrete, so I never hesitate to walk barefoot on it. I use a Dirt Dog to keep it clean and mop occasionally. About once every six months I use Racedeck`s stripper and sealant and it looks actually better than new once the sealant is applied. The other advantage is that I can take the floor with me if we move. Also, if I ever damage a tile, I can replace in about 5 minutes for $3. I`m really very happy that logistics force me to take my "second choice" of a tile solution.

That`s a nice looking installation. I see a lot of very pleased folks using Racedeck. I don`t think it`d work for my purposes, In the winter all kinds of crud is melting on to the floor and heading for the drains and I use water in the garage year round.

TL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information