Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in putting a 2 car garage on my house (connected) to do my detailing/whatever in.

The `stick" built garages have gone through the roof on price!

I was wondering about all these companies offering steel built garages. I have looked at a couple of barns and stand alone garages built that way and they are kind of impressive.

Does anyone have any "experience" in these buildings/area that they could share with me?

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Thanks David, I`m right on it. I looked at one today that floored me. 3 bays, two story, full concrete pad, plus a lot of stuff, The guy paid $30,000 last fall !!

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s the pouring of concreate that really drives the price up. My mechanic`s friend is getting a "pole barn" put up on his property and the cost was more than what you listed for about the same sq footage.

There are a couple of factors in play here driving up construction costs the last several years.

One is/was the ongoing war`s overseas (seems everywhere there is destruction there needs to be rebuilding). The other is/was the home building boom that`s been going on over that last several years (although it seems to be waning now)

So the price of lumber, metals and the like have gone through the roof.

If you can do any of the work yourself you can save cash. Like you might have them put down the foundation, frame, and outside walls. You or you someone you know can do the electrical, plumbing, and put up the inside walls and finish them.

MorBiD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MorBid
    It`s the pouring of concreate that really drives the price up. My mechanic`s friend is getting a "pole barn" put up on his property and the cost was more than what you listed for about the same sq footage.

There are a couple of factors in play here driving up construction costs the last several years.

One is/was the ongoing war`s overseas (seems everywhere there is destruction there needs to be rebuilding). The other is/was the home building boom that`s been going on over that last several years (although it seems to be waning now)

So the price of lumber, metals and the like have gone through the roof.

If you can do any of the work yourself you can save cash. Like you might have them put down the foundation, frame, and outside walls. You or you someone you know can do the electrical, plumbing, and put up the inside walls and finish them.

MorBiD

I can sub out some of the things and save a little, but basically I`ll have to sub the checks out to me, sorry to say.:think2

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    My boss just put up a nice one 40ft. by 100ft.6bays .

Thread Information