Post Thanks / Like
    I got two floor jacks. One is a 3 Ton sears jack(love it and still working in good order) and the other one is an MVP superlite that I`ve had for 5 years. This is the one that doesn`t jack up at all when under the car. Before I trash this thing I was wondering if its possible to fix it. I don`t think its got leaks or rust(maybe just the wheels).
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

2009 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Check to see if it has enough fluid in it, the easy fix. A bit harder fix but not that bad, check the seals, one of those might be leaking. I fixed an old jack I had it`s not that hard. Hardest part might be finding a new seal. Hope this helps and remember to use jack stands!
    07 Kia Sportage EX

07 Kia Rio

Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4

Chrysler 300m Sold

92 Dodge Stealth RT TT Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    Chances are it`s simply a lack of fluid or air in the system. Purge the system, and then add sufficient hydraulic oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I go about purging air from a jack? Just loosen that pressure release bolt at the back and just pump jack several times?
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

2009 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like
    When you check the fluid level, if it needs fluid, use the fluid specified for floor jacks. NOT automatic trans fluid, break fluid, etc, !

Don`t fill to the top! leave a small airspace, usually about 3/16 of an inch.

If it is the fluid level after checking, drain all of the old fluid out and get the correct fluid, not kidding, these things are not toys, respect it!!

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling
    When you check the fluid level, if it needs fluid, use the fluid specified for floor jacks. NOT automatic trans fluid, break fluid, etc, !

Don`t fill to the top! leave a small airspace, usually about 3/16 of an inch, but get the correct specification.

If it is the fluid level after checking, drain all of the old fluid out and get the correct fluid, not kidding, these things are not toys, respect it!!

Changeling

I forgot to add, if you don`t believe me than contact the manufacture, you can probably find them on line. They will give you the correct fluid number/manufacture number to use. Please just do it! The correct fluid is cheap!!!

Changeling

Thread Information