Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Every time I have to move my hose from the garage to somewhere else, it seems to be such a pain to thread and unthread the hose from the spigot every time. I notice my extractor and some other items I own have these hydraulic quick connect type brass fittings, where you slide back a collar, insert the fitting and release the collar to lock..quick easy and leak free. Do they have something simliar for garden hoses?

Post Thanks / Like
    Griot`s Garage sells some quick disconects for hoses, but I`m not quite sure if they are exactly what you are looking for. The link is below.Griot`s Garage 1-800-345-5789 - Car Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, those look perfect!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get similar at WallyWorlds and KMarts (although not the best time of year to be hitting the outdoor department for hose stuff). The platic ones they have are adequate but I`m sure tha metal (which they also have) would be better.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO the very best is the Dramm Quic-Disconnect. All brass and will not restrict water flow. They sell for around $7.00 at most better hardware stores.

Post Thanks / Like
    they have some brass disconnects at home depot or lowes under the orbit brand, and are just as good as anything else (gilmour, craftsman, etc..) out there, and most all there products carry a six year warranty...

Post Thanks / Like
    US Plastics carries Gatorlock connectors:

Gatorlock® Garden Hose Couplings - US Plastic Corporation

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace hardware carry`s some REAL nice brass quick connects. That where i got mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I found this thread. I need to get me a couple of those.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    IMO the very best is the Dramm Quic-Disconnect. All brass and will not restrict water flow. They sell for around $7.00 at most better hardware stores.

+1 for Dramm they make a great shut off valve also.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to keep in mind with couplings and even shutoff valves... don`t buy plastic! Plastic units need to be made very thick for strength thus restricting the water flow, brass units are thinner and flow much freer. Brass units also last for years and are cheaper in the long run over plastic which fail in a season or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a quick connect with a shut-off valve built into it (my little brass nozle is on it):

Got it at Ace Hardware. It came with 3 quick connects. I think i paid $11 for the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe
    Here is a quick connect with a shut-off valve built into it (my little brass nozle is on it):

Got it at Ace Hardware. It came with 3 quick connects. I think i paid $11 for the kit.

I used to get the same one all the time. Two issues. The little plastic lever would break off (most times in 3-4 weeks of constant use). The the little collar you pull back so that it can lock the male insert, would begin to get stuck all the time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyriiide1113
    I used to get the same one all the time. Two issues. The little plastic lever would break off (most times in 3-4 weeks of constant use). The the little collar you pull back so that it can lock the male insert, would begin to get stuck all the time...

The lever isnt plastic, its painted brass. There is no plastic anywhere on it or the couplers.

The collar has never gotten stuck on me before and ive so far beaten the hell out of it/them.

Your issues are with another brand, not this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman
    Every time I have to move my hose from the garage to somewhere else, it seems to be such a pain to thread and unthread the hose from the spigot every time.

SUNCAST had some inexpensive quik disconnect wall mounts that you can take in the house/basement so it doesn`t freeze up. I used to take my wall mount from the garage and put it in the basement during very cold weather - - it would freeze up otherwise.

Looks something like this:

I can`t find it on their website any longer. ... not positive it was SUNCAST.

I get my quick disconnects (plastic) at ACE or HomeDepot. I can`t find my favorite ones easily any longer. They make a great nozzle for rinsing the car and I`ve purchased a bunch of them. They`re plastic so you don`t have to worry about accidental scratches should you drop it near the car. Cost was less than $1.
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information