Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a little checking. "Apply when air (ambient) temperature is 60-100°F (16-38°C) and relative humidity is below 85%. Minimum floor temperature for painting is 60°F (16°C)."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I suggest U-Coat It. They make good products and are a Michigan based company. They should also be able to help you with any questions.

Where are they located? Do they have a site?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZero
    I did a little checking. "Apply when air (ambient) temperature is 60-100°F (16-38°C) and relative humidity is below 85%. Minimum floor temperature for painting is 60°F (16°C)."

Sounds like im gonna have to waite till spring to test, dang.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Niiiiice, little pricey but very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe
    Niiiiice, little pricey but very nice.

If you want a cheaper option, check out the Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield. I`ve seen it at Menards for $60-$90. There are a few different grades and options. I`ve never used the stuff but it looks pretty decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueZero
    If you want a cheaper option, check out the Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield. I`ve seen it at Menards for $60-$90. There are a few different grades and options. I`ve never used the stuff but it looks pretty decent.

Im gonna check that out for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the Family Handyman I just got that has an article on painting floors leave the area covered for one day. If the concrete underneath is darker, damp or wet than the uncovered area then you have a moisture problem. There is no easy solution.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    If you decide to paint the floor be sure to follow the prep. instructions to the letter. Failure to do so will lead to paint adhering problems. Don`t take any shortcuts with the prep.

Post Thanks / Like
    This may be a little of topic... but has anybody thought about the roll-on truck bedliner as a garage floor?

It may be hard to clean because or the roughness of it, but it will provide superior wet traction.

The only reason I am asking this is because one of my friends swears by the home depot (don`t know the actual manufacturer name) brand of truck bedliner. He has used it on numerous boats, off-road vehicles, trailers, etc. and in the 3 years I have known him it has not let him down.

I don`t know about the moisture protection, but I am just wondering if this was ever thought of as an alternative solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe
    My *Home Depot 3-2-1* book says to tape down a 4`x4` sheet of some kind, dosent really say what it is or where to get it.

How do i test for moisture?

Look at a product called `U-Coat-It`. I tried the Behr garage paint from HD, and it peeled up and was a HUGE mess. I`ve had U-Coat-It on my floor for about a year, and water, hot tires, chemicals, etc... don`t touch it. You apply it to a DAMP (prepped) floor, and it bonds well. Trust me.... it took me several days to chemically remove (and power wash) the OTC Home Depot offering. U-Coat-It isn`t cheap, but it works VERY well.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw in a "How to have a better garage than your neighbor" section of a book that you need to leave it down for more than a month. I can`t remember whee the book was....maybe Northern tool?? Maybe it was six weeks or more in some climates. Reason is that the cement allows moisture to escape very, very slowly. My builder says that it may take two to three years for my basement to cure totally.

Mine has been down for about three weeks and counting. So far no wetness. But I also understand that this may not be the best test. A moisture meter is that best way to get a reading but I guess I am not ready to make that investment.

I also read and was told that if you have moisture that you can`t paint or tile because it just won`t last.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information