Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2-car garage attached to the house but with my current project car in there and everything else that requires storage, I don`t have much room for anything else. I`ve been toying with the thought of doing a small single bay stand-alone unit up the hill a bit to put my project car in to open things up. Nothing major, maybe 12x15 so that I have enough room to work in.

I`ve also considered having one of those steel buildings put in after talking to my neighbor who has 2 of them coming in this spring for his boats.

I`m just wondering if any of y`all know of a site where I could calculate approximate building costs these days to compare against the costs of a steel construction. I`d like to spend as little as possible since I intend on getting back up around the Charlotte area within the next 2 years, but extra garage space can`t hurt resale value.

Post Thanks / Like
    I built a 1 1/2 car garage (15 x 24) - including insulation, drywalling, elctrical, lighting and heaing: $25K

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked the same question a couple years ago, and basically found out it varies by location (just like houses).

If I was looking to do a one car, I might look into a prefeb. There`s a place not far from here where they do them, load them on the back of a flatbed and sit them on your slab. They even do two-car version (but they`re split & reassembled). FActory built should get you lower prices and better workmanship. And you can get whatever siding / materials you want.

Menards has garage `kits` that include everything for about $5,000. But when you add in the slab and construction, you`re at about $20,000.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    Look up the 2006 National Home Improvement Estimator online. There are many similar free tools like this for estimating jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I said 12x15 but that was a typo, I meant 22x15. So yours is about the same size, froll, and 25k sounds about like what I was expecting once I got everything finished.

I`m going to look into the prefabs like my neighbor ordered, too.

Thanks fellas!

Thread Information