Post Thanks / Like
    I picked this up at Sam`s for $50. It should make an awesome addition to the garage for those frigid days/nights.

Lasko Products - Air Circulators

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks awesome! I like how it is mobile so you can even put it in your bedroom on those cold winter nights when you come in from detailing outside Thanks for sharing...going to have to check that out tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tired it yet?

My previous experience with 110v electric heaters is they work real well at spot heating and even then only when the room is otherwise heated or well insulated.

But in detached spaces that arent` insulated (garages) 1500W wasn`t doing anything.

MorBiD

Post Thanks / Like
    i would be curious to hear how it works for you as well. i put in a 30,000 btu gas heater (hooked into my home`s gas line) last year and even with it cranked it takes 15-20 minutes to get any decent heat into the garage. the garage is insulated (with an insulated garage door)...standard 2 car size.
    2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have a single car garage (10` x 20`), so it may be a little easier in this case. The heater goes up to 90 degrees and oscillates, so I suspect it will help.

I`m not expecting a heat wave...just additional warmth

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 1500W Honeywell heater ($40 or so at Wal-Mart). We have 2 car detached garage, built in 1922 (no insulation at all, and a little drafty). If the outside temp is 30 or so, I can keep the inside temp up in the high 40s. I spent New Year`s weekend polishing and applying Z2Pro, and it worked great. Right now in Wichita, it`s in the low teens, and the Honeywell likely couldn`t keep up. Bottom line, most days/nights in Lubbock, you`ll do fine. In Michigan and NY, it would be a bit tough, in the dead of winter. But anywhere, a small heater is often enough to make the difference between comfortable/effective detailing, and sitting in the house wishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping it works for you. I have 65K BTUs in the garage- 3 3/4 stall insulated walls and R38 in the ceiling. I can get to 60* when it`s 30 outside in about 15 minutes.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find! My garage is actually attached to my house. So, some of the heat from the house conducts into the garage. I find the heat from my 1200 watt halogen lights makes it comfortable enough except for the coldest days.

Thread Information