Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not simply take the same sort of Spot holders you`d put on the outside of the garage and mount them inside? Sure a lot cheaper than the $170 `High Bay` fixture I put up ...that is, if you`re convinced that incandescent light (plus they have Halogen) light you might want.
    Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetstuff
    Why not simply take the same sort of Spot holders you`d put on the outside of the garage and mount them inside?

I`d be careful with the bulb selection, but other than that IMO it`s a good idea :xyxthumbs

The "can" design of some spot holders might not be just right, but like the bulbs I`d expect it to be a matter of choosing the right ones for this application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jswatek
    My metal halides show everything! I`m not sure if that is good or bad but you won`t miss anything with them!

:showpics

Metal halides have crossed my mind many times. They just seem a little pricey for detailing. What about the cost factor to run them say in comparison to florescents.......???

Post Thanks / Like
    For those looking at heaters, the cost of installation is astonishing. I know here we have to tell people its 1,300 for a heater but 2k for the install... And they look at me in astonishment... and I nod and agree with them.

If you are at all mechanically inclined you can do 99% of the work yourself. Go to Home Depot, they`ll even cut n thread the pipe for you. Run everything yourself and then have a gas fitter come in and ticket your install. Total cost.. about $150.

HTH

Quentin J Sarafinchan

TotalGarage.ca
    Cheers

Quentin J Sarafinchan

TotalGarage.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure your local zoning/code regs are cool with DIYing it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Just make sure your local zoning/code regs are cool with DIYing it

That is true, I should have mentioned that. For our area.. I am not ticketed it so I can`t even touch a piece of pipe, but as a home owner in Calgary, AB, you can do the piping, and all the electrical. You just need the gas inspected is all -- I think its because it can go BOOM! And thats the other reason I am happy I don`t do gas :-)
    Cheers

Quentin J Sarafinchan

TotalGarage.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Movable flood lights? Home Depot sells these dual 500 watt flood lights that I use when working in the garage. It makes shinning light on anything really easy. If the light doesn`t reach, just move it to the location that you need the light.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of adding fluorescents in my garage, but I keep hearing that they don`t work well in the COLD? IN in PA and need something that will still light up when it`s COLD. AM I wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Western NY, Rochester, and it get`s mighty wintery up here. My fluorescent lamps have no problems though.

You want to get the one`s that are T8 Fluorescent Ballast which state "cold start".

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, some "hum" while they`re warming up, but if you`re OK with that they`ll work fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information