Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    MR. HEATER - America`s Most Popular Brand of Portable Heaters

I am looking to get one of these in the near future and wanted to know if anyone else was using one to heat a garage.

I have a forced air torpedo style heater that just took a dump on me. I was thinking of replacing it with something a little more quiet.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been trying to find something also. But I`m a little wary of the fumes given off by a gas heating system in an enclosed space like my garage. On the other hand a quality electric heater seems to be a few hundred bucks. I would be interested to see what some of you guys use, if anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle 87
    I`ve been trying to find something also. But I`m a little wary of the fumes given off by a gas heating system in an enclosed space like my garage. On the other hand a quality electric heater seems to be a few hundred bucks. I would be interested to see what some of you guys use, if anything.
    I just keep the walk through door open a little bit and once the garage is heated I turn off the heater and close the door.

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine has something like that, uses it in his garage. And I used something like the "Little Buddy" shown on that website last weekend when our power was off. I borrowed his a few years ago when our power was out for days and I found the exhaust fumes pretty significant in an enclosed space, so I guess it`ll depend on how big the shop is, how tightly sealed, and how long you run the thing.

I`d definitely get a carbon monoxide detector just to be on the safe side. I have "ventless" gas heaters in my shop and even with all the airspace I have to open up a door/window from time to time to keep things safe. My Co detector hasn`t gone off yet, but I still like breathing fresh air so I open things up *before* it goes off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an electric heater I got at Home Depot, and it is great. It`s quiet, and it`s on all the time (except for the summer). You can set it for whatever temp you want. I did have to wire 220 for it, but it was well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Jet-Heater to warm up the garage and then we have a 5ton Trane unit outside that keeps it warm.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone seen those new "Eden Pure" space heaters they have been advertising for home use? Supposed to be completely safe, wont reduce oxygen levels, produce no fumes and cannot start a fire. They have a unit that heats like 1200` for around $350. I was wondering how one of thesse might work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    Has anyone seen those new "Eden Pure" space heaters they have been advertising for home use? Supposed to be completely safe, wont reduce oxygen levels, produce no fumes and cannot start a fire. They have a unit that heats like 1200` for around $350. I was wondering how one of thesse might work?
    A friend from Ohio was talking about those a month or so ago..... they have one he uses in the house and was thinking about buying another one. He seemed very pleased with it and while he hasn`t used one in his garage, he said he didn`t see any reason why it wouldn`t work. Now, with that being said I`d suggest doing a search and see what you find. The following thread has some info you might find interesting.

Heater

After reading a bit about those heaters I think I`m going to look a little closer at some of the propane heaters. My garage is attached and insulated so I only need to raise the heat a little to make it more comfortable to work in.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a propane 50K BTU forced air heater.

I hate it.

It sucks down propane like its water.

Plus it has a heat sensor. So if it gets to warm it shuts itself off. Except its set at like 45F-50F. My garage cools back down to 30F in like 10 minutes. So im constantly restarting it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is your garage insulated Coupe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, not yet. I just bought the house in august and didnt have time to insulate before winter. Next winter it will be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the insulation will make a huge difference. I use a 30K BTU Reddy Heater for about 45 minutes and turn it off. It stays pretty warm for quite a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a nice heater Danase.

just checked on Amazon.. not a bad price either

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the ceiling heater from Girots so I don`t get electric shocked if water hits it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Star
    Looks like a nice heater Danase.

just checked on Amazon.. not a bad price either

Yeah, I like the price too. I also like the fact that I don`t have to run electricity to it. The less cords I have laying around the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information