Thread: Garage Floor?

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m just about finished with my garage looking for ideas on what the best flooring might be. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap man! I envy your garage. I`ve got a 2-car garage that`s currently capable of housing 0 cars, whereas you have a lift!

Although I don`t particularly have any experience with garage floors, a lot of people have just done the epoxyshield floor painting, and then there are the higher end choices of going with RaceDeck Tiles or Vault Flooring
    -Geonald

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance you have bigger pictures? I wish i had a lift in my garage. I have a "2 car" garage that can barely fit one.
    This may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I`m in a tragedy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lp2137
    Any chance you have bigger pictures? I wish i had a lift in my garage. I have a "2 car" garage that can barely fit one.

Many, but attachments have a size limit.

The inter-locking tiles would really look nice. But I don`t know about their fit for the wash-bay side of the garage. There must be a way to lay them and still have the floor drain accessable. -Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    RaceDeck makes some tiles designed for draining...

http://www.racedeck.com/freeflow.html

if you want to send me some higher res. pics I can host them for you as well.

espcane@gmail.com
    esptuning@gmail.com

1998 Supercharged E36 M3

2003 MINI Cooper S

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could go epoxy coating like U-Coat It or how about an acidic staining like Dean did on his new garage a while back. Do a search and you`ll see his photos, it looks amazing. Congrats on the lift, what model did you buy?
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool setup :xyxthumbs

I have an epoxy-and-stone floor covering. It accommodates my floor drains and a little sand in the top layer of epoxy provides traction when wet. I`ll have to redo the sand/epoxy some day, but after five years I`m still happy with it. Getting it (properly) installed was a huge hassle, but now I`m glad I suffered through it. Feels good under foot and looks good (at least where the older cars` leaks haven`t stained it )

Post Thanks / Like
    what lift is that?

We`re having a house built, and i sooo want to put one of those lifts in, if there`s room, since we`ve got 3 cars, and 1 is/will be a garage queen (sits outside with a california car cover on now 100% of the time we`re not driving in it)

I have a friend with a garage customizing/finishing business, so he can get me those tiles for cheap!
    Current Rides:

2008.5 Crystal White Mazdaspeed3 (mine)

2008 Ford Edge Vapor Silver (wife`s)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking at skipping over the epoxy stuff and going for POR-15 Floor Armor, which is a solvent based urethane.

Urethane is what the expensive guys like Premier Garage use! Much better. Twice the price of all the stuff you *need* to use to put down EPOXYShield. But, much better. Less work. Better adhesion. LOL - ask someone who`s gotten POR-15 paint on their garage floor how hard it is to get off!

POXYShield is cheap and (some people) can get it @ the store. Better stuff you have to 1) find it and 2) order it.

But, given all the horror stories with EPOXYShield, I only wanna do the process ONCE!
    2004 Infiniti G35, Brilliant Silver
    2007 4Runner Limited, Galactic Gray Mica
    2003 Lexus SC430, Millennium Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking at POR-15 floor armor, be sure you read the ENTIRE post over at garagejournal.com. Their quality control and customer service, as well as the product, have some serious issue. The guys over at GJ are talking class action suit...
    2004 Infiniti G35, Brilliant Silver
    2007 4Runner Limited, Galactic Gray Mica
    2003 Lexus SC430, Millennium Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with Race Deck a few years ago and still looks great and love it. I was also in Costco the other day and they have there floor way on sale right now, it is called Motofloor.
    Jimmy

Vintage Racer / Car Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    wow badass garage. for the next few months i am stuck with a carport (thankfully i am deployed) and then i will have my garage once i get home, as i am in the process of buying a house

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fortunate enough to get 15 gallons of floor paint from my father in law. It is from the Chrylser plant here in the STL....they had some extra and he got it for me. Works very well! The floor repells everything. I would have to check the can for the name again though.

Thread Information