Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impact Wrench

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beachy
    ..One thing I learned several years ago, when I was in automotive technology classes was TOP QUALITY TOOLS, ALWAYS!

The reasons range from everything to durability to personal safety....

ramble, ramble, ramble... just one thing to consider when buying tools...

That`s a subject well worth rambling about, or even ranting IMO. Changing your life for the worse because you saved a few bucks on a tool just doesn`t get it for me.

I have an electric 1/2" drive impact from Sears.... you`ll have it to give to your grandson

On the Sears tool thing...I`ll give you a weird other-side-of-the-coin story: My Sears 3/8" drive breaker bar fractured at the "U" under just hand pressure (no cheater pipe, wasn`t stepping on it, etc.). The part that broke off hit the concrete floor so hard that it chipped it Kinda freaked me out as it could`ve flown the other way and injured me.

I saved the broken tool for show-and-tell duties rather than return it for a replacement (which I wouldn`t trust anyhow).

I know it was a freak incident and I still buy Sears tools, but for stuff that`s gonna get hard use I go with Facom (don`t buy their ratchets, they fail all the time ) and Snap-On (which have never let me down though older than I am). And I take the time to put on eye protection.

So a cheap impact? NO WAY! But then I don`t even use an impact, just my ancient Snap-On 1/2" drive breaker bar, never found anything too tight for it yet (famous last words, huh?).

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to say `thank you` to everyone who contributed to this post. I am going to head down to my nearest Harbor Freight store and shop around for a reasonably priced unit that fits my needs.

:2thumbs:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information