Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the input folks. I ended up buying an AC Hydraulic from ASE.

Now I`ve just gotta ship back the dead one to Griot`s...what a hassle but at least I`ll get my $ back (the shipping cost too). Heh heh, and I thought I was on their [stuff]-list after my *last* big return- I`ll proably be begging them to sell me Car Wash after this :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Setec- Oh, I`ve looked into home-garage lifts...and squeezing a lift into *this* shop just isn`t feasible, not even a movable one. I could get one in here if I moved some lights, but it`d be a nuisance more often than it`d be a benefit...

I was talking about one of these low-rise ones, that`s really only for tire work (well, not for standing under the car, anyway), it only has a 26" lift height. The only hassle is if you regularly park a car in that bay, you have to drive over the ramps every time. Maybe you already knew what I was talking about since you mentioned a movable one, which is a variant of the one I linked. I`m still thinking about it...but it doesn`t really work for me either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    The only hassle is if you regularly park a car in that bay, you have to drive over the ramps every time..

That`s the problem. I have too many vehicles and they sometimes get parked in all sorts of wacky ways. For that, I need open floorspace so having no obstructions (and having no more stuff too big to shove into a corner) gets to be the controlling factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstaaf
    Yup, got it from Protech.

http://www.protechproducts.net/index.htm

It doesn`t work well on my Mustang to lift by the pinch welds so I pretty much use is as a pad to protect the frame rails. The grooves are too deep for my application.

If I had it to do over I would have just gotten the solid one.

I have heard of a hockey puck working great for this as well! Just need to cut a small slice in it and your all set. I am actually going to run through my old hockey bag (that should smell nice) and grab a puck to try it out when I swap my wheels this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosca
    I got a super low profile quick-pump aluminum jack from Harbor Freight that is excellent. 3" saddle height, 6 pumps to full extension. I`ve had it 2 years, no issues, made by US GENERAL. $69 without the quick-pump feature, $129 with it.

I was referred to this tool from Miatanet, where a lot of guys were happy with it.

Tom
    I second this I`ve had mine for three years never a problem and used near daily

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information