Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen Brother!

Welcome to the American dream (now get out there and cut that lawn) :usa

Do you have any space above the garage for the music studio? :bestwish :think2

Good luck and Congrat`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks SVT. We were really shocked when we saw the price it was going for. It was really a rare find. It has already appraised for $5000 over our purchase price. Keep in mind it is only 1460 sq. ft. (liveable space) but, it has an intelligent floorplan that makes the most of it. My family and friends thought it was closer to 1550-1600 ft. One thing I really admire about the plan is you don`t have to walk through one room to get to another which cuts down on carpet traffic through living areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by captainkeys
    Amen Brother!

Welcome to the American dream (now get out there and cut that lawn) :usa

Do you have any space above the garage for the music studio? :bestwish :think2

Good luck and Congrat`s

You know that`s a good idea. I looked in the attic and there is quite a bit of room up there. I am going to discuss that option with the contracter to see if it`s a possiblity. I just don`t know where the staircase would fit in though. :think: ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, looks great! The fit and finish looks to be quality workmanship.

It`s definately a neutral, clean look waiting for landscaping, splashes of color and decorating. I`m sure your wife is licking her chops at the chance :chuckle:

A perfect first home - Congratulations! :bestwish

Now post garage pics! That`s what we care about :laugh:
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    jake, Beautiful Home!!! :hifive:

Where in OK are you? I`m from Tulsa area. Nice to know there are other Autopians here....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    Congratulations! Your house is beautiful. I know something like that would easily go for $250k or more here in MI. I like the granite counter tops and those look like maple cabinets too, we went with similar options in the house we are building. Very nice, enjoy it!
    I just saw the price! We are in the wrong state man! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Tulsa or T-town as we call it! I`m in Edmond. I have some family in Tulsa. Very confusing streets. I always get lost when I go there. :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    hey I understand the happiness found with a garage door. Nice pictures of the house. Congratualtions on closing on such a nice area for a house.

Just one thing. No pictures of the garage. THE GARAGE ...man! :woohoo:

I agree we need some garage pics - and the garage plan. I hope to buy my first house in a couple months myself and want to see some garage ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!

You simply can`t get a home in a place where it`s safe to go outside here for less than about ~$400k. If you have $150 to spend you`re headed to the desert which is a looooong way from the city.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Tulsa rocks.
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely, best of luck. However, watch you head when you get off the toilet.

Ha Ha

Post Thanks / Like
    1450 sq ft huh? I would have definitely though by the pics that it was 1800-2000. Our new place is coming in at 2650, but all that means is 1) more space to clutter and 2) more house to clean! We still havent heard your plans for the garage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake11375
    Hoagart, New homes in Oklahoma like this average between 110k to 150k depending on the quality of fixtures, doors, wood, lot size, area, etc. Oklahoma has a very reasonable cost of living. We were strongly considering moving to Colorado Springs just a few months ago but the housing options kept us here in Oklahoma. As far as bang for your buck, Oklahoma is the way to go.
    110k to 150k?? :shocked A house like that goes for nearly $300k here in New Orleans!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    1450 sq ft huh? I would have definitely though by the pics that it was 1800-2000. Our new place is coming in at 2650, but all that means is 1) more space to clutter and 2) more house to clean! We still havent heard your plans for the garage!

2650 is a good sized home. I saw your construction thread coming along nicely. Beautiful home might I add! :2thumbs: A few of your pics are the infamous "Red X" but I saw enough to see you are having a nice quality home built.

I don`t know what to do with the garage. It`s not very big. It would be a squeeze for 2 SUVs. I want to possibly look into a stain, maybe something like Dean`s "ultimate garage." I want something classy/elegant rather than a sport or racing theme. And the lighting needs to be updated badly. So I`ll be looking into lighting pretty quickly. I`m really checking out all the garage threads looking for ideas. Once I get some pics up, I`m sure I`ll get a lot of good suggestions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice house Jake! Congratulations on your new home.

You will really enjoy having a garge to work in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information