Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at all these killer setups is making me jealous!
    2001 Lincoln LS V8

2002 Ford Explorer XLT V6 AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me about it...

I have already started planning for my "sanctuary".

My choice for an apartment this year was pretty much based on if it had a garage or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    When my then fiance` and I were househunting , one we came across had a newly built 3 bay/4 car garage with an apartment /office space over the garage with seperate stairway and entrance. I mean this thing was laid out : satellite hookup,fridge, ,etc...

As I`m also into woodworking, this place was like heaven to me.

The fiance passed on it , though , because she felt the actual house was too small. I was heart-broken.

I couldn`t see what the problem was , she would`ve had the whole house to herself , I would`ve never left the shop !

The place we ended up getting has a tiny , crappy one car garage !

I could cry every time I think about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    gusubba...you gotta get your priorities in order, man! :dance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    gusubba...you gotta get your priorities in order, man! :dance

Yeah, leave the wife and buy that other house! Way to cheer him on Setec! :chuckle:
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a 2.5 car garage and it is heated and cooled from the heater and ac in the house.. stays same temp in garage as inside the house... with a carport attached to the front of garage. makes for a good place to detail in the cold winters here in west virgina!!!!

it is what sold me on this house 4 yrs ago.

:2thumbs:
    R&S AUTO DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a house (live with the parents) but my car lives outside in the driveway! They don`t care for the cars at all and yet I have to deal with the dew and stuff. They use the "it`s our house" excuse. ah well, that`s what i get for being 18 living at home
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a two car garage, but no cars in it because I`m performing some updates to the house and the materials take up a bunch of space. I can normally only get my wife`s van in there though. With no basement or out-building, the rest of the garage is workshop and storage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Yeah, leave the wife and buy that other house! Way to cheer him on Setec! :chuckle:

LOL!

EXACTLY what I was thinking , just didn`t want to sound too insensitive by actually saying it !

Love comes and goes , but that garage looked like it was built to last !

P.S.-- the house we DID get has a nice bit of land , so I`m still holding on to the dream of building my own spread one day.

When it happens , I`m having it put in my will that I want buried in it!

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife made me get the 5 car garage on our new house. Poor me! But it had something to do with her parking inside or some other crazy fantasy of hers.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother , under the delusion of what drug I`m not certain, decided at some point about 15 years ago that she would prefer to wash her car INSIDE A 1 CAR GARAGE!

Better yet , and most likely under the delusion of an even more powerful drug, she also came to the goofy conclusion that DRYWALL would be the most suitable material to cover the walls with !Apparently, the existant cinder block was just too damn water repellant.

Even after the obvious warnings by those she must have considered even less sane than her, up the drywall went.

Following the inevitable disaster, she got PO`d at us because , and I`m guessing she was mixing drugs by this point , things didn`t work out as she`d planned...and somehow that was due to our faulty workmanship.

Not sure what the relevant point here is...y`all can draw your own conclusions.

Just thought I`d share....

By the way , first thing I did in the new home was brand the garage OFF LIMITS to the wife.

It may be small and crappy, but it`s MINE and I`ll be damned if I`m letting the unindoctrinated make any pertinent decisions regarding the man-shelter.

(I`m done ranting now...thanks for listening).

Post Thanks / Like
    :funnypost
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in the middle of selling our home right now. We have looked at few homes but one thing I must have is a 2.5 car garage and I will for sure be installing heat in it. Right now I have a 1.5 car garage and it is just way to small. And with no heat in it water from rain and snow off the car just sits around forever. My uncle has a 2.5 car garage with heat and the water and snow off of two cars evaporates in no time flat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a house last year. Dormered it, overhauled a bath and added 2 full baths. Her stuff came first.

It`s not much, but I finally have my own single car garage and after a few weeks of dealing with installing the garage door opener and broken springs, I am able to at least park Small victory for me, but I`ll gladly take it. :dance

Hopefully it`ll be blown away and replaced with a 2 car garage in `07. I`ve run the numbers and it`s not feasible to do it this year.

All the threads of the Garage a ma halls are inspiring. Things to look forward to later in life. It took me a few years to get to where I am with my Garage a ma hut, but time and patience have been rewarding.

Chuck, your 5 car with attached house is looking insane !!! :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter and grandson live in the basement,so everthing stored in the basement is now in the garage. No room for any cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information