Post Thanks / Like

Pro Auto Detailing - Nissan 350Z - Ultimate Detail & Americoat - Headlight Restoration

Ever have a customer completely mislabel just how far gone a car has gone? I`m not talking about the average, "it`s not that dirty" or "there`s just a little hair" . When this customer called, he told me that the car wasn`t bad but it needed a little work, so I schedule the appointment and he comes in. Unfortunately, he was late and as I was dropping another customers vehicle off he shows up with this 350z. This is where it gets good. Before I go any further here are the before... enjoy

Background

When I got back to the shop, and went through my inspection there was a horribly mixed stench of feces, urine, and wet animal. I called the owner back to the shop so I could go through and perform a proper walkthrough. As we did our walkthrough with the customer, he piece by piece let go that the car had been in his garage for a couple winters, and in that time one of the windows of the garage next the the 350z broke open. Short time later a animal got in and made it`s home. Tore apart the padding in the trunk and made a nest. Luckily for me the animals were long gone, but there mess remained.

Process

We went to work on the interior first, removed the seats, most of the interior panels, the carpet, as well as the padding and panels in the trunk.
    The bare metal under the panels and carpet were treated with lite mixture of bleach diluted with water, steam cleaned, and finally as a precautionary measure treated with a mold/mildew inhibitor by ZEP.
    The carpets were treated with Megs APC+ and hot water pressure washed, cleaned with a enzyme cleaner and finally treated with a mold inhibitor.
    All the panels, nooks and crannies, etc... were thoroughly steam cleaned and also treated with the mold/mildew inhibitor.
    The cabin filter was changed and before reassembly we closed up the shell and gave it a nice ozone treatment. We reassembled and gave it a second ozone treatment.

We moved to the exterior were we gave it a heavy APC wash, IronX Treatment, as well as clay of the paint.

Before Polishing

After our 50/50 - Polished on the left side.

We compounded with M101 and Polished with M205, gave it an Eraser wipedown and finally coated with Americoat.
    We also sanded, compound, and polished the headlights as well as coating them with Americoat.

All in all the total job took 3 days, mostly from ensuring everything was completely dry prior to reassembly. We completely removed the odor as well as most traces that anything was there. We say mostly because we didn`t replace the padding that was removed from the trunk by the nesting animal. The exterior itself was done start to finish in under 18 man hours and we achieved 90% correction, as well as all the fading and etching of the paint.
    William Castro - Owner/Operator/Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pro Auto Detailing - Nissan 350Z - Ultimate Detail & Americoat - Headlight Restoration

Impressive interior job. You had a systematic process dialed in, and it worked out almost perfectly to your standards.

Limny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pro Auto Detailing - Nissan 350Z - Ultimate Detail & Americoat - Headlight Restoration

Awesome job and what a comeback !!! As a 350Z owner the before pics just want to make me cry...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Awesome job and what a comeback !!! As a 350Z owner the before pics just want to make me cry...
    Thanks Pat, I get that a lot from VQ owners.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Job Will!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing job Will!!! What a turn around.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jtford

Thread Information