Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: M3 is Revived and Coated with Optimum Gloss Coat

Beautiful work Zach.

Love the bead shots
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks for the descriptive reply. Tons of good info there.

You`re doing the level of work I hope to be able to start doing in the near future after some new tools and practice. I appreciate the time you took to type all that out and share your knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

I own reload. The version from last year. Never used it Bc of the coatings. How do you use it
    ? Would appreciate your take on the product application. Thank very much.

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Reload lasts many months in my experiences... Well worth it for the 10 minutes it takes to apply. Heck, you could just apply it quickly every 2 months and be done with it. Just my $0.02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I own reload. The version from last year. Never used it Bc of the coatings. How do you use it
    ? Would appreciate your take on the product application. Thank very much.
    Application is incredibly simple... all you need are 2 soft, clean, high quality towels and 15 minutes of time.

You can either spray the product directly on the panel, or onto the towel for application. I prefer to spray it onto a towel. The key here is to use very little product and to work in small areas. I tend to break the hood into 4 section, and break doors into 2 sections, etc.

First, spray the product onto your towel, then gently wipe it onto your working area. Then immediately grab your 2nd towel and wipe the residue away. Proceed around the vehicle using this 2 towel method until you are finished. Flip to a clean side of the towel as needed.

I use reload all the time... it works great on top of coatings or as a stand alone sealant. In fact, I have sold all of my other sealants because it works so well and is so quick/easy to use. It leaves an incredibly slick feel and is very hydrophobic.

It is worth noting that the newest version (2014) has been enhanced to provide more durable protection, but in doing so the application has become a bit more finicky. CarPro recommends diluting 1:1 with distilled water if you experience any issues during application. They also have some videos online to consult if needed.

-Zach

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I think I will do my hood tonight as we are expecting heavy rain tomorrow and see how it works.

Thanks for your response.

Application is incredibly simple... all you need are 2 soft, clean, high quality towels and 15 minutes of time.

You can either spray the product directly on the panel, or onto the towel for application. I prefer to spray it onto a towel. The key here is to use very little product and to work in small areas. I tend to break the hood into 4 section, and break doors into 2 sections, etc.

First, spray the product onto your towel, then gently wipe it onto your working area. Then immediately grab your 2nd towel and wipe the residue away. Proceed around the vehicle using this 2 towel method until you are finished. Flip to a clean side of the towel as needed.

I use reload all the time... it works great on top of coatings or as a stand alone sealant. In fact, I have sold all of my other sealants because it works so well and is so quick/easy to use. It leaves an incredibly slick feel and is very hydrophobic.

It is worth noting that the newest version (2014) has been enhanced to provide more durable protection, but in doing so the application has become a bit more finicky. CarPro recommends diluting 1:1 with distilled water if you experience any issues during application. They also have some videos online to consult if needed.

-Zach

Post Thanks / Like

-Zach
    The new version is a pain. Always dilute with water 1:1. It is also suggested to do a final wipe with a damp towel to get the oily residue off the paint. It won`t affect the performance of the product.

CarPro is going to fix the formula sometime in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information