Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex vs Black car!

There once lived a young man by the name of Alex who purchased a black Honda Accord. This car was treated like a child by it`s owner! Some very tasteful appearance mods, some window tint, and an awesome alarm to insure that his baby was protected from hooligans and such. The paint was meticulously cared for with a daily regiment of Ca duster, followed by quick detail spray wipe downs. Washes happen weekly, and even with all that to Alex he couldn`t figure out why his car seemed so scratched and swirled . So Alex being ultra resourceful began researching, and after reading here and there he came to the conclusion that while he did all his maintenance with the up most love and care, he had been doing it wrong. So now with so much damage done to the car he decided to take find a pro to polish and it and apply Opti Coat Pro. Thats where I come in! I could absolutely tell that Alex loves this car, he had a twinkle in his eye when he looked at it, and by the effort put forth to take care of it.... Thats dedication! Dust down/QD a car every day! When the car got here it was in BAD shape, I actually wanted to run and hide as soon as I saw it. It wasn`t his fault, he did everything he could, I personally blame the school systems. Who needs Calculus class? Wouldn`t the youth of America be much better off in "2 bucket washing 101" or "Swirl prevention 102". I`ve never used calculus in day to day life, We should do a "No swirl pride parade" in front of the white house and demand they make these classes mandatory! The future of our youths future paint depends on it! Who`s with me?? OK all kidding aside back to task at hand!

While it was hard to capture defects on my phone, this car had major issues! Massive straight line marring that actually well deep enough to be consider RIDS.

After a wash and decon it was worse! The paint looked lifeless.

On to my test spots!

4 compounding passes later I was able to get these results. which was about 80% correction. Only the deepest defects remained and I didn`t feel comfortable going any further. So after this I had my system down, total time compounding this car was 13 hours. Then another 4 hours of polishing followed by OC pro application! And.....

Done! So all in all we made a huge improvement on the paint! only the deepest defects remained and on the 7th of June, Alex is going to come in and get a 1 on 1 car washing lesson with yours truly! So we can keep his car looking great for years to come!

Thanks for looking!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alex vs Black car!

Alex wins again! Great job.

Post Thanks / Like

sun shots say it all. sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

great save Joe!

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up Joe, it`s always nice to see the work you do on my own personal vehicle. The before and after picture is great as well to see the difference. Definitely can`t wait to see you next Saturday!

I already have bugs splatting on my front bumper oh how I so wish I can wash the car already ahaha. I shall wait one week before attempting to pressure wash them off.

I have pictures myself of Joe`s result, this is a day after I picked up the car,

Click the link below for more pictures!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/alex2d...7644824224136/

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Joe! 13 hours is a ton of time just for compounding. I hope that is 13 man hours and not just you working on it. I would call off for the rest of the week lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work, Joe!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job Joe !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work! Beautifull as always!

Post Thanks / Like

That came out awesome! Great work Joe as always. Good luck with your lessons Alex

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!!! Alex I get why the super fancy alarm!!

Why the Honda Accord Is the Most Stolen Vehicle

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, nice to know that I got extra security on my car, I just didn`t want my ride stolen haha. Thank god I have the stock alarm, lojack, tinted windows, and aftermarket alarm! (whew)

Thanks for the tip Joe, looks like my year and model was the most stolen/recovered

Thread Information