Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: idetailedacamaro

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I`ll need to get your recipe for your shave oil.
    Equal parts Grapeseed, Olive, Castor and Jojoba oils plus a dash of Tea Tree oil for scent and medicinal properties. Have also tried with some Art of Shaving Sandalwood for the scent.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same impression with Shark blades, just gave my son 50 Astra`s and some Razor Rock for his birthday. I keep coming back to Israeli Persona`s (Red`s) or Crystal Super Plus for my go to blades.
    Personas are the only ones so far I just can`t use. Tried the Labs and Israelis in multiple razors. Will come back to them at one point.

Treet Pts were the surprise like on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Personas are the only ones so far I just can`t use. Tried the Labs and Israelis in multiple razors. Will come back to them at one point.

Treet Pts were the surprise like on my part.
    Don`t like the Meds/Labs either. About the only blades I really won`t use are the Feather`s and I guess I would for one shave. They`re sharp but good for about one shave with me.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Equal parts Grapeseed, Olive, Castor and Jojoba oils plus a dash of Tea Tree oil for scent and medicinal properties. Have also tried with some Art of Shaving Sandalwood for the scent.
    I`ll have to give Jojoba a try. Our recipes are similar but I put a little Glycerin and Avocado oil in mine and use Lavender for scent and medicinal properties.

I definitely should have started a new thread here as I`ve ruined your original.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t like the Meds/Labs either. About the only blades I really won`t use are the Feather`s and I guess I would for one shave. They`re sharp but good for about one shave with me.
    I get a good week out of feathers but thats in my Futur razor, out of an old Gillette Fatboy I prefer the Israelis or Vosktods.

Never have liked pre shave oil, it doesn`t do much for me.

I`ve been stuck on some Captains Choice bay rum aftershave for a while now though.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first started using Pre-Shave`s I thought they might be overkill. I was expecting them to be a super lubricant. I now find them to be more of a conditioner for the whiskers and the skin. I use a pre-shave without exception these days.

Bay Rum isn`t my first choice though I do use it. There is a product out there that is called Krampert`s Finest Bay Rum. It`s hand crafted and definitely worth a look if you haven`t already.

I too have a Futur. Very nicely made but the head is a bit larger than I wish it were. I use a second razor (smaller) around my nose and upper lip when I use the Futur.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

The RazoRock Captain`s Choice Shaving Soap is quite good.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to hijack my own thread?

I know it would be hard for any AutopiaForums member to imagine, but I have been suffering from all of the ADs (Acquisition Disorders) associated with shaving: Razor (RAD), Shaving Brush (SBAD), Shaving Soap (SSAD), Blade (RBAD), etc. I have Muhle R89 & R41; Merkur 37c, 38c, 41c & Progress Long Handle; iKon OSS, Deluxe Open Comb & Standard; Above the Tie (all); Weber Polished Head; and Standard Razors Raw. (Waiting for the release of the new iKon Slants and AtT Colossus.) A couple of dozen brushes, tons of soap/cream, 1000+ blades, and on and on.... I`ve tried my hand at pre-shave oils, too.

Will say it turned a chore into something I look forward to every day.
    Let`s just call you ihavearazor for the time being then
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

So say you`re comparing these razors to what I use (Gillette fusion), is it a similar jump in performance from something like an off the shelf turtle wax soap to optimum car wash? Is it truly that different?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

More so. Closer to the difference between a Swirl-O-Matic and a car lovingly detailed by Todd.

Hope all is well, Roshan.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Roshan. Hope school is going well for you. I think i want to shave after reading this thread

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Men -
    Thanks for all the great input and opinions on shaving !!!!

It IS one of the best parts of a day !

I have not (unfortunately for me) gotten into this as deeply as all of you have, but I have been wet shaving in a hot shower with pre-shave oil and soap and a brush for years and there is nothing better for a close, clean, shave that lasts longer than any other method for me..

Started out with Art of Shaving products (2001) when they were still owned by those nice people, before Procter and Gamble bought them and changed it up...
    For example, they made an awesome product - Hydrating Toner Spray - Rose Water - made in Lebanon, that was soooo nice on my skin and the light scent of rose petals - just the best..

Then P&C came in, changed it around and now this product made in Morocco, is good, but not nearly as good as the original made in Lebanon...

Their pre-shave oil has been a great help for me, and I found it to totally make the shave closer, better, and with way less irritation... I have to have a hot shower - probably hotter than normal, to make this all work for me...

Learned as perhaps you all have, to shave my face without a mirror, just using my hands and feel, to figure out all the places and lucky for me, my beard is not rock-hard-heavy as it is for others...

Roshan - have missed reading your awesome work here - perhaps you have gotten really busy with school and all.. Hope and pray for you and yours.. Take good care !!!

Love this, gentlemen ! Thanks to you all !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Moreso. Closer to the difference between a Swirl-O-Matic and a car lovingly detailed by Todd.

Hope all is well, Roshan.
    Mike, where do I start? Is there a shaving forum?

Thanks, everything has been going great! I hope all has been well for you too!

But more importantly, that Camaro looks like it should now, great job

Post Thanks / Like

Forums, FB Groups, YouTube channels... you name it. All very active, too. Seems to be the middle of a full fledged Renaissance/boom driving higher prices and shortages. The good part is there is a much greater selection - particularly from small, artisan makers - of truly outstanding products.

Badger & Blade is the primary forum I follow and The Big Shave the FB Group in which I participate.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job...

We gonna need a new section for "close shaves"
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information