Post Thanks / Like

2014 Chevrolet Stingray Paint Correction/Interior Detail @2,000 Miles part 1

Complete interior was steamed cleaned from headliner down:

you wouldn`t think the interior carpets/mats would be this dirty with only 2,000 miles:
    After the interior was cleaned then came time to start the taping process:

For whatever reason i could not get my camera set right to take good pictures of the defects, but here are some that i managed to capture :

[URL=http://s444.photobucket.com/user/yakoman/media/Black%202014%20Chevrolet%20Corvette%20Stingray/DSC_0603.jpg.html][/URL
    Time to get to fixing these defects:

Working my way around the vehicle before,during and after i checked my work in certain areas of concern with my digital paint inspection tool:

This car has so many sharp raised lines my 2 inch polisher proved its worth:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Stingray Paint Correction/Interior Detail @2,000 Miles part 1

Looking good! That interior bucket "water" looks gross! What did you do to get that stuff in the bucket? Extraction? Rinsing off towels?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Stingray Paint Correction/Interior Detail @2,000 Miles part 1

Quote Originally Posted by tnecniv View Post
    Looking good! That interior bucket "water" looks gross! What did you do to get that stuff in the bucket? Extraction? Rinsing off towels?
    thank you for the compliment. the technique i used was spraying the chemical,steaming,wiping with microfiber,then rinsing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MR Prime Shine View Post
    thank you for the compliment. the technique i used was spraying the chemical,steaming,wiping with microfiber,then rinsing
    Ah nice! Crazy how much stuff you can pull out of "new cars".

I just noticed your light stand. Does your light stand go low enough so that your bulbs can get parallel with the doors? I just got a set up like yours but the minimum height of my stand is too high to hit the doors at a good angle.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=tnecniv;508069]Ah nice! Crazy how much stuff you can pull out of "new cars".

I just noticed your light stand. Does your light stand go low enough so that your bulbs can get parallel with the doors? I just got a set up like yours but the minimum height of my stand is too high to hit the doors at a good angle?

technically new since its a 2014 but they have a rough life trough the assembly line,the shipping on the trucks,the dealership detailers ,the customers test driving,last but not least the owners. the car is only "technically new" .
    to answer your question yes the light tripod does go low enough so that the light is parallel to the door but when doing the kick panels or "side skirts" you may benefit from resting the light on the ground or use a halogen type work light that has the frame to sit on the ground or a headband LED strap could be used for that purpose

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job! Out of curiosity, are you sure all the black stuff that came out of the interior aren`t any of the fabric dyes? Most fabrics tend to bleed pretty bad the first time they come in contact with water. Just a thought .
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job! The more I see the C7`s, the more I am in love!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Very nice job! The more I see the C7`s, the more I am in love!
    Well, you`re more than welcome to help Ang, Steve and me polish one so you can fall deeper in love...
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information