Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Orinda Auto Detail - 2014 M5 Competition pkg Opti Coat Pro

Bring on the M Car! I absolutely am in love with the sound of these cars. You`d think losing the high revving V10 for a small block turbo 8 you`d lose some harmony. Nope these cars just sound evil! Lucky me the only one`s I`ve worked on all had the competition package so all 4 pipes are always open and breathing fire. Some of you guys out there probably get the "numb" to cars feeling when your around nice cars all the time. So its awesome when a car really creates that feeling of joy that only other car lovers can relate to and ends in a very big smile!

Lets get on with it!

Fresh off the boat! Euro plates and all. The M car was picked up in Germany and got its first 1200 miles of drive time on the Autobahn! Can only imagine how awesome that was!

Looking the car over it didn`t look horribe, I was a little concerned with the bird poo possibly etching the paint in a few place. Other than that the car had several random scratches all the car and minimal swirling.

I started with the exhaust.

Megs wheel bright is my favorite exhaust cleaner. Make sure you mix it about 8:1 for this. After the initial cleaning I hit the pipes with BF Wet diamond metal sealant

And Handled! Yes I am an expert pipe polisher when on my knees. Check results above if you doubt me!

On to the wheels. This should tell you how much I love this car. I`ve been blessed to have a lot of really capable employees and almost never have to do anything except polish and walk away. This is one I wanted to do all this, I had fun cleaning the wheel!

Because of the massive openings in the spokes I was able to the calipers with pulling the wheels off. After the wheels I went ahead and washed/Iron X`d/wash.

It was like 6:30 when I finished my decon so fast forward to the next morning when Michael other wise known as the "Critic" on this forum decided to come by and help me out. The Critic lived up to his name, and was very eager to learn while constantly seeing how much Autogeek I`ve read to verify my expertise. Little did he know and quickly found out, you can read all you want but nothing can replace doing it 1000 times!

Working with rupes21 on the curved hood of this M5 proved to be a bit challenging for the young Jedi. So after I showed him 5 or 6 times how I did it, he decided that I`m just the Mother F`n MAN with a rupes and went to working on flat panels while I took care of the curved ones! Later in the day he did get it figured out with some patients and awesome instruction from your truly. Side note if some of you remember from when I was teaching my little brother....The Critic has no ideal how lucky he is since Ryan broke my airsoft gun! We kept working on till about 630pm and called it.

Fast forward to the next day, with most the big stuff having been completed by self and the critic the day before.... It was time to go after all the things that separate the good and the great!

Polishing under the mirror??? The sun will never hit this... Why go through the trouble.... Because when some one wants a 99% "Full" correction. At Orinda Auto Detail we WILL give it to them!

14 man hours later of polishing all the small stuff me and my little brother had stripped the paint to get it ready of Opti Coat Pro!

3 hours later the had been coated!

On this one we wanted to go the whole 9 yards on it so we used 25cc`s of opticoat pro total. We did 2 full layers an hour apart on the paint, wheels, and glass(Opti Glass Pro). This is the MOST OC pro I`ve ever put on a car. and the 2nd coat really seemed to add some depth to the already outstanding finish.

No sun shots, here`s some shots of the area`s that took the most time but showed the attention to detail.

We even polished above the exhaust tips. This was all done by hand and fingers almost fell off getting defects out of this rock hard German paint.

Customer sent me this shot the next day! Talk about crisp reflections!

Handled! Got gloss????? Almost 40 hours into this one. Shout to the Critic for his help!!!

Thanks For Looking
    Joe Torbati
    Orinda Auto Detail | Car Wash Orinda | Custom Auto Detail
    Bay Area Premier Opti Coat Pro installers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Orinda Auto Detail - 2014 M5 Competition pkg Opti Coat Pro

Absolutely beautiful job on one of my favorite cars

(thanks for showing me up today)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Dave@Lake Country Mfg. David Patterson@LakeCountry's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job Joe
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant work, Joe!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,

It was a pleasure to work with Joe on this car. It is not often that you get an opportunity to work with someone who is nationally known for their work.

From this experience, I learned a few things:

- My skills are still a bit lacking for the 90% corrections.
    - I truly learned the definition of “perfect paint” and what the expectations are.
    - The Rupes 21 is very challenging to master on curved panels. Working this machine on curves requires a lot of practice and patience.
    - When you are charging a client for a paint correction, you need to polish every square inch of the car – that means pillars, mirrors, tail lights, exhaust tips and more!

If anyone reading this is looking for an excellent detailer in the East Bay, you should definitely consider Joe`s services!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    Hey guys,

It was a pleasure to work with Joe on this car. It is not often that you get an opportunity to work with someone who is nationally known for their work.

From this experience, I learned a few things:

- My skills are still a bit lacking for the 90% corrections.
    - I truly learned the definition of “perfect paint” and what the expectations are.
    - The Rupes 21 is very challenging to master on curved panels. Working this machine on curves requires a lot of practice and patience.
    - When you are charging a client for a paint correction, you need to polish every square inch of the car – that means pillars, mirrors, tail lights, exhaust tips and more!

If anyone reading this is looking for an excellent detailer in the East Bay, you should definitely consider Joe`s services!
    He does an incredible job. You`re lucky you got to learn/work with him.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

great work. two coats, man i bet that bmw looks ridiculous in person

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful car. Great job on it guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! The car came back for a wash today so I had to get some sun shots for you after a swirl free proper 2 bucket wash!

I love this car!

Post Thanks / Like

An expert at polishing pipes on your knees huh? Nice job lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    An expert at polishing pipes on your knees huh? Nice job lol.
    I like making ppl laugh at my expense!

Thread Information