Post Thanks / Like

`94 Supercharged Thunderbird - 2 Step Paint Correction by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY

Not the typical car you get called for. 1994 Supercharged Ford Thunderbird. Custom interior with a 1 year old full repaint on the exterior. Owner is a big time Ford enthusiast prepping this car for a long ride to Kentucky for a Ford Supercar event. I was happy to rise to the occasion.

I had given the car a prior inspection, and it was pretty swirled up So I knew what I was in for. I mean this car was big. They dont make them like this anymore. We booked a 2 step correction and I put aside 2 days on the schedule.

Started with the usual wash / decon / clay bar routine. Was kind of in a rush as the sun was going down so no photos.

In the morning I started by taking some paint measurements (plenty of clear on the car) and taping up all the trim

Closed the garage, turned on the LED lights, and turned off the fluros. I could see it was gonna be a long day.

The hood before

And up close

Compound of choice on the day was Meguiars M100

Hood was first gone over with

Makita 9227c + 3m waffle foam + M100

The remainder of the car, along with a second pass on the hood, was done with

Flex 3401 + Megs MF pads + M100
    Griots + Megs MF pads + M100

Finishing work:

Flex / Griots + LC White + Menz Power Finish

Results as follows....

We`ll start with just the hood

Before

After

Passenger door

This spot

This one too

Trunk lid

After the 2 step correction, vehicle was given a quick wash to remove all the dust. A coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant was then applied

Even application as shown

The swipe test after a long battle

Buffed off the sealant and took in the wow factor

Whats old is new again here in the Mr. Sparkle Garage!

Mr. Sparkle Detailing.com

Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: `94 Supercharged Thunderbird - 2 Step Paint Correction by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY

Beautiful job !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: `94 Supercharged Thunderbird - 2 Step Paint Correction by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY

Beautiful job. I like that color allot.

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty I see your after pictures as somewhat cloudy, not very clear/clean at all. Not a put down but just my observation of the pictures which may or may not "reflect" the actual look. They lack clarity in my opinion, not that I could do any better. Sorry but I gotta be honest and it may just be the camera.

Post Thanks / Like

got an old pontiac coming up as bad as the t-bird. gonna try megs 105 with and orange flat pad and finish with blackfire src finishing polish with a topping of bfafpp sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    In all honesty I see your after pictures as somewhat cloudy, not very clear/clean at all. Not a put down but just my observation of the pictures which may or may not "reflect" the actual look. They lack clarity in my opinion, not that I could do any better. Sorry but I gotta be honest and it may just be the camera.
    its the same camera, on the same settings. Its a point & shoot, and I`m not a professional photographer. If you cant tell there is a drastic difference in the finish before & after, I don`t know what to tell you. This was a 12 hour job roughly and I do my best to get decent photos while working.
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I can obviously see the difference and yes it is drastic. I was simply making an observation so don`t get your panties in a wad. No put down or offence intended. After all you did post on a public forum you know. The more I look the more I think it`s the camera that`s not showing your work in all its glory.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Thunderchicken! I use to have one of those

Thread Information