Post Thanks / Like

Jet Black X5 and a M5 Corrected and Coated by Signature Detailing...Greg Gellas

We will start with the Jet black X5. A while ago the owner previously used another detailer who left marring and some trails in the paint. When the owner went back the detailer claimed to not even know what Marring was. It was now my job now to fix this difficult soft paint.

The rockers on this car were cover with Xpel Ultimate by LeeBerbs.

Originally, we were going to do a 1-step polishing and then 22PLE. I began with the wheels using Sonax Full Effect, Tuff Shine Tire cleaner, and some P21TAW for the wheel wells. The car then got a foam bath using CG Citrus wash and Clear and dawn. After doing a 1 step with Sonax Perfect Finish, I called up the client and explained about the deeper rids throughout the paint and suggested a 2-step correction. We decided to do a 2 step; I began with 105 on a Microfiber pad then finished down with Perfect Finish.

As you can see by the 50/50`s the paint had a gray appearance and had lots of swirls and deeper scratches.

Here on the corner, there is a bumper scrape, and some paint transfer.

Most of the scrape has been removed and fixed.

The trim was white in areas from compound residue.

After an IPA wipe down, all of the trim got restored using the 22ple Trim restore.

This was very challenging paint, super soft. Removal of the polish was leaving scratches from the towel, so I went right to an IPA wipe down to add some lubricant for wiping polish off. When I went to coat, I found myself using about twice as much to ensure more liquid on the surface to prevent scratches in the paint. This was the only way I could find to get it coated without adding scratches.

The results were quite good. There were some scratches that could not be prevented from polish removal or the coating application but overall a 95+% correction.

Now for the M5. This one I didn`t have the proper time to truly photograph everything done. This car got a 1-step polishing using Sonax Perfect finish and then was coated with Opti-Coat Pro. Of course I did a wash and IPA wipe down after polishing

In addition, this car got 55% tint done by LeeBerbs.

As you can tell by the taillights I got some great correction on the lights, the same was on the paint. The 1 step polish added tons of gloss and really just amped up the finish.

With the Sunlight fading away we took one last picture of this beauty.

As always thanks for looking! Greg Gellas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jet Black X5 and a M5 Corrected and Coated by Signature Detailing...Greg Gellas

Great work Greg! X5 turned out amazing. Black BMW paint can be a challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jet Black X5 and a M5 Corrected and Coated by Signature Detailing...Greg Gellas

Very nice work both X5 & M5 look great.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work Greg!! What kind of camera are you using? Those shots of the X5 are unreal

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work! What a turn around on the X5. Those new M5`s are leaps and bounds better looking than the previous gen. E39 is still king tho!
    It`s a habit...and I`m OK with that...

Post Thanks / Like

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Great work
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

thats the way jet black bmw paint is supposed to look. the real challenge comes in trying to keep it that way. great work though on both bimmers

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work Greg.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    What kind of camera are you using? Those shots of the X5 are unreal
    Wow thanks! I am on a Nikon D80 with a standard lens that came with a kit when I bought it. I have to take about 100 pictures for every car just to get 5 that aren`t blurry I need to step up my camera game I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by BPebzly View Post
    Awesome work! What a turn around on the X5. Those new M5`s are leaps and bounds better looking than the previous gen. E39 is still king tho!
    OMG LOVE the E39`s! They are the KING!

Thread Information