Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2000 Porsche Carrera - 1 Step Paint Correction by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island

Got a call from a new client who recently picked up a 2000 Porsche Carrera and was interested in getting the paint polished. Even wanted me to look at it prior to booking anything. I expected the worst and prepared myself.

During the pre-detail inspection, I found the car actually wasn`t that bad. It was gray / silver, lacking gloss, and although pretty swirled up no major deep scratches. The interior was also in good shape, headlights were clear and all signs pointed to the fact that this car although 13 years old had been well taken care of. I recommended a 1 step paint correction and kept the expectations with the client reasonable.

A week later the Porsche returned and it was right down to business. Getting my foam on

The not so easy area to clean on the Carrera

IronX and clay picked up a lot of stuff but nothing too exciting. Brought it outside to get a look at the swirls in the sunlight.

Then back inside where LED lights confirmed much of the same. Closeup of the hood

I masked off a couple squares for test spots and opened the cabinet. Saw that bottle of Optimum Hyper Polish spray that I had yet to try. I had tried the Hyper Compound spray and was not very impressed. Figured this was good as time as any to try the hyper polish and I`m glad I did. This paint responded very well to

Flex 3401 + Optimum MF Polishing Pad + Opt Hyper Polish spray

Worth noting I had the speed cranked up on the flex but would decrease speed and pressure towards the end

You can see a leftover scratch in this 50 50 so it wasn`t getting 100% correction, but damn close for 1 step only

Compared it to M205 as sort of a baseline and Hyper Polish was the clear winner. Saw no point in trying out any other combos

Hood closeup after I was finished

Qtr panel before

After

Along the driver side door

Even the taillights liked this polish / pad combo

Topped the paint with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. Ultima trim & tire guard on exterior trim. I`ve seen other porsches with faded headlights and these were in great shape. So I protected the headlights with Opti-Coat.

Then took some photos inside

And outside....

Client was thrilled upon arrival and the wife approved as well. Great success!

Just one man and a garage full of stuff here in Long Island...

Mr. Sparkle Detailing.com
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2000 Porsche Carrera - 1 Step Paint Correction by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island

Great job

Gotta remember pad/polish combo
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2000 Porsche Carrera - 1 Step Paint Correction by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island

Sick work! You saved that big time one stepping it!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great before and after pictures. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive as always. I like how you are always using different products and briefly explain why you chose them.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    Impressive as always. I like how you are always using different products and briefly explain why you chose them.
    Sometimes its a roll of the dice! Usually some thought put into it though. I can polish paint but I`m no expert. Always learning.

and thanks for the comments guys.
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

i`m surprised it finished out with a polish. looks very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to take pics of your details!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats phenomenal results for one step on a porsche they can be tough to work with sometimes, at least from my experience.
    Austin
    Owner L&I Detailing - Yacht Management

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L&I Detailing View Post
    Thats phenomenal results for one step on a porsche they can be tough to work with sometimes, at least from my experience.
    Thanks man!

I think if it were black, and not so aged, I would`ve been battling a drop in gloss. This paint already was lacking gloss and the silver / gray was kinda forgiving.
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Looks awesome. Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive for a 1 step. Porsche paint is great to work on and you can get a lot of correction in 1 step, but that looks very good.
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information