Post Thanks / Like

Boy, am I tired!

I am new to the detailing thing. I never really got into it before but I have since I purchased my new Camaro back in May. I bought some detailing items and made some mistakes before finding this forum. Wished I would have found it sooner I probably could have saved some money and some headache that I paid for the last couple days. I can say I have never spent this much time on a car at one time in my life, 4 to 5 hours last night washing, polishing, and paint prep, and another 5 to 6 hours putting on 2 coats of FK1000p today and my arms, legs, and back are all a little sore and I am definitely tired. But, I can say I am happy with the results. Due to not the best lighting in my garage and it being a black car I didn`t get out all the swirl or towel marks like I should have. Even though I didn`t get all 100% of the swirl marks out I think it looks better than the day I drove it home. My main goal was to get winter protection on the car. But, of course I`m still not done, as you can see in the pictures the wheel wells need cleaning along with the tires. Tires, I can say that I am impressed with Turtle Wax tire cleaner in the green bottle. Close to a month and they still look clean. Thank you to all that have posted information to this forum. You have helped me and I have learned a lot and still don`t know enough but I am still reading. Sorry I don`t have any before pictures and the sun was setting today so the lighting was not the greatest. I tried taking some side pictures up closed to show the nice reflection but with the low light the black just soaked up the flash.

Dean
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boy, am I tired!

Don`t forget to dress those fenderwells

Post Thanks / Like

The car looks great in the pictures. And yes detailing can be exhausting.

I would love to know how this car handles the amount of snow you get in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

hey dean, awesome ride and your finish turned out very nice. we all agree that detailing is not as easy as it looks for sure, but the results are so gratifying.

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X, I used to have a Dodge Dakota that was only 2 wheel drive, if you could call it that, I expect it to handle about as good as that did and I am guessing I will have a little better traction with the limited slip diff. As long as I don`t go nuts on the gas I shouldn`t have a problem. I still have my eyes peeled for a decent priced pickup but to no luck.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    hey dean, awesome ride and your finish turned out very nice. we all agree that detailing is not as easy as it looks for sure, but the results are so gratifying.
    Thanks. After looking at it in the sun last night I know I should have gone a little further with the polishing which I think I will save the better job for spring before I go to the first car show with it. Yes, you are right it is definitely gratifying. I am a little sore today but after backing it out of the garage and looking at it in some decent light I was really pleased with the outcome. It was my first "really go to town on it" detailing and I am still learning and have the winter now to soak up more info here. Bad thing about it was being inexperienced I put a lot of those swirl and micro marks in it. But live and learn I guess.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks great, I think a little tire dressing would set it off even more don`t you think?
    Get your shine on!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great from your pictures Dean, practice is the key in any type of work and you will get it over time. As long you try to keep your ride protected your already on your way to the other side ( OCD ).
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Car looks great, I think a little tire dressing would set it off even more don`t you think?

Thanks. It sure would have but was getting late and I was getting tired and wanted to get pictures before it got to dark. I also thought I had already gone far enough when I actually put a coat of wax on the rims. At that point I thought the tires were clean enough for now.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Looks great from your pictures Dean, practice is the key in any type of work and you will get it over time. As long you try to keep your ride protected your already on your way to the other side ( OCD ).

Thanks you. After spending 2 days, about 10 hours give or take I thought I was already there. I say that because I normally spend less than hour, 2 hours if I waxed also (rarely done on last car), on cleaning my previously owned vehicles. I even caught myself wiping off the valve stems because when I was polishing off the rims it looked like I got wax on them. Yeah, the other side, is that the side I just come from?
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Looking good
    Thanks you!
    Dean.

Thread Information