Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

2006 Subaru Legacy - Extreme detail - inside and out - Lots-o-pics - Waxin Willys Detailing

Hey everyone!

Waxin` Willys was presented with quite the challenge this weekend. I had a 2006 Subaru Legacy come in. The owner wanted a full paint correction as well as the interior to be restored to "as new as we could get it looking."

The car was dropped off Saturday night and I started working on it ASAP as it was going to take a long time. After doing a walk around (inside and out) I realized I had my work cut out for me. The paint was in bad condition. It had NEVER been waxed and washed only a few times a year. The interior had lots of stains (on both the carpeting and the leather) and had only been vacuumed a couple of times.

I also want to say that I used the CG Blacklight/V7 combo for the first time ever on this car. As the pictures will show, the results were awesome and I WILL be using this combo again

There are tons of pics here, including before and afters. Let`s get to it!! Products used:

• Meg`s Hyper Wash
    • Meg`s Wheel Brightener
    • Mother`s Clay Bar
    • My own custom clay lube
    • Meg`s #105
    • CG Blacklight
    • CG Hybrid V7
    • WG Spot Remover
    • WG Upholstery Restorer
    • DP Total Interior Cleaner
    • Meg`s Hyper Dressing
    • Blackfire Leather Conditioner

Equipment used:

• PC 7424 XP
    • LC Blue Hydotech Cutting pad
    • LC Tangerine Hydrotech pad
    • LC Blue CSS 4" pad
    • LC Orange CSS 4" pad
    • Various brushes and scrubbers

The Legacy as it was upon arrival

The wheels before cleaning

As you can see, the paint is dull, faded and in need of some TLC

A couple examples of the swirls I would be dealing with (this was after I washed the car)

The Meg`s wheel brightener brought the wheels back to a wonderful shine!

I started hitting the paint with the 105. I did between 10-14 section passes on each section depending on how much work was needed. I would check my progress with the swirl finder light after each section. I used some clay lube to extend working time if needed. Here are some before/afters using a tape line

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Subaru Legacy - Extreme detail - inside and out - Lots-o-pics - Waxin Willys Detailing

The owner wanted the dealer decal removed. I used a hair dryer to remove the white lettering and then some Sonus APC to get the goop off. After that I followed with 105 to remove swirls and any etching from the adhesive. Before

After:

The section by the gas cap had some fine scratches, swirls and other marks. At first, I thought they wouldn`t come out, but after a few passes with the 105 they came right out! Before

After

After dealing with the outside, I turned my attention to the inside of the vehicle. There were lots of stains, dirt, road grime and some sort of rust looking stuff. The WG spot remover and upholstery restorer made short work of the stains on the carpeting. A few sprays and work with an upholstery brush took them right out. Before:

After:

Before:

I wasn`t able to get the big black spot out, but the floor mat covered it up.

I then turned my attention to the trim and console areas. The DP Interior cleaner really shined here. It took all the stains and marks out with almost no effort at all. A shot of the console before:

And after:

Shifter area before:

And after:

Arm rest before:

After:

Driver side door before:

After:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Subaru Legacy - Extreme detail - inside and out - Lots-o-pics - Waxin Willys Detailing

Onto the seats!! I wasn`t sure what I wanted to try at first. I decided to give the DP Interior cleaner a try on the seats and see how it worked on the leather. Needless to say...it rocks. Before on the top of the tape line, after on the bottom

The back seat had the "rust" looking stuff on it. It took a few sprays and some work with a MF scrubber, but it came out. Before:

After:

The driver seat was mainly just dirty. Before:

After:

The rest of the seats were the same way. The DP interior cleaner worked like a champ and brought all the seats back to a like new condition. I applied some conditioner to the seats to help protect them.

Now for the moment you`ve all been waiting for! The final photos after the entire car was done! It came out beautiful. The sun hid behind the clouds for these shots, we had overcast all day.

A huge difference from when it was brought to me. Shine, gloss and reflections were all restored. The stone chips that remained in the front of the car were the only imperfections

Post Thanks / Like

A reflection off the hood inside the garage

Interior shots after it was completed

The owner was beyond thrilled. She couldn`t believe how good it looked and didn`t even think it was possible to restore this car back to this condition. It was quite the challenge. It took 2 days and lots of sweat to bring it back to this condition. After the owner was sent on their way with a small bottle of car shampoo and tips on how to keep it looking this good...I had a beer.

Thanks for looking

Post Thanks / Like

great job

Post Thanks / Like

very nice turnaround with a mirror finish !

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the Legacy!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great turnaround on the Subi!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65chevy View Post
    great job
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    very nice turnaround with a mirror finish !
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Great job on the Legacy!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Great turnaround on the Subi!
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work!
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Excellent work!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Awesome job!!
    Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...love those cars and that is one incredible transformation. I`m sure the owner was overly pleased.

Nice job!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work!!! =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information