Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

06 M5 saphire black massive bird etching and hackage corrected! Orinda Auto Detail

I`ll equate this to an SRC smack down, all correction was carried out using SRC finishing polish aside from 2 places where I used SRC compound to get out some random sanding scratches some one else put there. Total time on this car start to finish was close to 25 hours. Lets get on with it!

Obvious Hackage and well birds hate this car

yeah this trunk deck was horrible

really bad

Time to wash the car, Started by foaming with 50/50 Citrus wash dawn combo

work foam work!

the last guy to do this forgot what his little wheelie brush all parking sensors looked like this

I had mine though!! So I made my way around the car cleaning compound and wax outta everything and all the trim while I let the foam do its thing occasionally adding more foam so it didnt dry up

ok rest of this was pretty normal 2 buckets, clean the wheels, waffle weave compressed air handled! Lets drag it out side and see what it really looks like.

this is one of 93 paint etchings I counted on this car

Got RIDS?

more etchings yay

this is the worst one on the car because of where it is hard to get to

Hood was in great shape! 46 etchings here 3 really nasty ones, but ill get to that later

With my 3` air powered DA and 4` white pad, using SRC finishing

one pass

4 passes later I didnt`t want to try anymore so I got 85% on that one but still big improvement

see the etch? Im gonna have to buy a new camera lol My iphone is just ok

Flex with SRC finishing and oarnge CCS pad made quick work of it

before

after!

hard to tell but this was pretty bad in the paint and required a hit ok some 3k sand paper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 06 M5 saphire black massive bird etching and hackage corrected! Orinda Auto Detail

I`m to lazy to post more etching pics but this went on for almost 12 hours just getting those out. Now lets fix the hackage!

After finishing the hood I saw a photo Opt moment that actually wasn`t staged lol. Aside from etchings I only used a white pad and SRC Finishing polish the rest of this process. A red pad was used to "Finish" the paint after I used "finishing" polish to correct the paint(that just sounds funny)

OK last section done on paint BFWD was applied via gold jeweling pad and my flex. Time to nit pick!

Exhaust needed some love

much better but wait theres more

ugly pipes

much better!

BFWD Came off, tires, windows, wheels all got dialed in. I even remembered to go around and get polish out of the parking sensors!

Shiny!

When taking this shot i hadnt cleaned the back window yet, But the trunks fixed!

after a few rounds of fitz metal polish exhaust looked good!

Does this count as creating whiplash? ??? ???

Thanks for looking

Joe Torbati - Orinda Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 06 M5 saphire black massive bird etching and hackage corrected! Orinda Auto Detail

Ouch!!

Yeah I guess it did create whiplash.

Good job on the car!

Post Thanks / Like

looks very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you could give my Evo a once over but I probably couldn`t afford your great skills! I should probably use my own pc more too :-/

Post Thanks / Like

yeah joe, that definitely counts as whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Joe. It`s pretty amazing what the SCR polish is able to correct. What was once considered a compound problem is being corrected with a polish. Now instead of compounding a whole panel I walk around the car and mark problem areas and only spot compound, normally with 4" pads then simply polish the panel. Big time saver.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you really turned that car around!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Ouch!!

Yeah I guess it did create whiplash.

Good job on the car!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamut View Post
    looks very nice.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_S13 View Post
    I wish you could give my Evo a once over but I probably couldn`t afford your great skills! I should probably use my own pc more too :-/
    What part of cali are you in? Send me a PM if your not to far away maybe we could work something out and do it together since you must like to do it you have a pc
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    yeah joe, that definitely counts as whiplash
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Great job Joe. It`s pretty amazing what the SCR polish is able to correct. What was once considered a compound problem is being corrected with a polish. Now instead of compounding a whole panel I walk around the car and mark problem areas and only spot compound, normally with 4" pads then simply polish the panel. Big time saver.
    Yeah it is amazing but this car was more of an experiment than anything, I probably could of got done twice as fast using something more aggressive. Lots of times I had use 3k sand paper on rids and some of the deeper swirls
    Quote Originally Posted by triplejumper18 View Post
    Wow, you really turned that car around!
    THank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Great job!!!
    Thanks Todd I was just trying to be cool as you and do a whole car(not a quickie) Correction with src finishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m currently in Santa Barbara but my home town is Santa Cruz. I occasionally come home every couple months, I`ll hit you up! It`d be cool to meet you regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sc_S13 View Post
    I`m currently in Santa Barbara but my home town is Santa Cruz. I occasionally come home every couple months, I`ll hit you up! It`d be cool to meet you regardless.
    Just let me know a week or so in advance when your coming up and you can come to orinda or walnut creek and we can bling out the evo! I like those cars

Thread Information