short & sweet...im getting the 1+ yr handoff to finish this job that was started by the customer....with 1,000 grit sandpaper. i have been asked to work my magic once again! shes all covered with overspray! overspray on the inside glass as well! good thing theyre not tinted!

piece of cake? NO... but will she look beautifull when im done? ABSOLUTELY!

heres a 72 that was at the shop. now i can get an idea of what the 71 will look like after all of my work is done!

...& since i didnt strip the car...i will help my customer put it back together when im done with the wetsanding.
the interior is in pieces too. a full cleaning with leatherique is also part of the work.

& heres where im at right now:

double bucket no hose wash.
clay + alot of patience to clean up the paint.
after clay all paint was wiped down with mineral spirits.
i just took a nice sniff of the mineral spirits & it smells just like the prep sol from the body shop. maybe the prepsol was or is mineral spirits?

did a door glass with #000 steel wool, inside & out!, came out mint!
did a piece of door molding metal, found primer overspray...
#000 steel wool + chrome polish! i want to order blackfire metal compounds & polishes. this is the perfect time to try them out!
i made a "mobile-work-station" for metal polishing from a shopping cart & a piece or diamondplate.

did a test section on the hood. heres how she went:
1,000 = customer

1,500, 2,000, 2,500 = i am soft block wetsanding the car all by hand.

flex mini rotary, 4" flat yellow foam + 3M Rubing Compound 06085 left behind alot of holograms.
M105 finished with about half the holograms so thats what im using.

makita rotary, 6.5" blue flat foam + M205

makita rotary, 6.5" blue flat foam + 3M UF

as much as id like to go back to my roots with the dewalt dw849, i think its too heavy & too agressive for this job.
i will most likely use the makita for everything, unless i get what i really want....that new DW849! might as well treat myself!
this job might be the end of me using 3M compound. this upsets me much but what can i say,
M105 has really kicked theyre ass! i have always went with the reliable 3M compounds to clean up wetsanding but not anymore. besides, 3M digs deeper & deeper into my pockets!

2 coats of Col 476S (might use something different)
thinking about trying out a coating, think this job deserves one.

i will check back in with my test spot under 1,000 wats of halogen light.

happy hanukkah to me!