Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This interior made me rethink my career choice - Nth Degree Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    OMG. what a piggy! and a lexus no doubt. $$. makes you wonder what the house looks like? ...btw, what a turnaround!!...
    My thoughts exactly.

Good for you for tackling such a nasty job. I hope they paid you well.

Post Thanks / Like

for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by dtuna42 View Post
    Nice save- it looks brand new now. That thing looked like a crime scene when you got it...

It IS a crime to let a vehicle get like that! I don`t know about brand new, but 300% better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I can really respect work like this. Its always said here that these jobs separate the boys from the men. Newbies looking to get into this business need to see write ups like this, and understand what they will likely get into one day. Its not always a beautiful day spent working on cool cars. Sometimes its disgusting, back breaking work. Excellent job.

I couldn`t agree more. It`s easy to see the great write ups about the exotics and think what a great job. A few soccer-mom-mobiles will bring one back to reality real quick. These jobs just don`t get posted because they aren`t sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by paintjobpro22 View Post
    Man that thing looked worse then the some car lot repos I`ve done. Great turnaround! What did you use to treat carpets/ mats? Also, did u use a hot water extractor?
    No extractor. Lots of APC and Folex and pressure washer for the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    So.....its likely you lost your profit on that car?

It was a great save but I highly doubt you the true cost of that turn around. I hate interiors like that because they ALWAYS take longer than you bid, I`ve started just saying its my hourly on cases like that.
    This was a friend of a friend and was done about 6 months ago. I quoted my average price site-unseen. I could have called her and told her it was going to be more, but I figured she might show some appreciation for going the extra mile. She is an attorney, after all. And if not, the advertising value was worth it. Well... she contacted me recently to detail this vehicle again. I turned it down, unseen. I told her to take these photos to other detail shops and ask for a quote. I still have a huge favor in reserve from my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

I like getting the fast cash out of cleaning a clean car but I feel like it brings my self esteem down because I barely did anything. But when I have a nasty filthy car that I turn into a gem it almost feels as if the heavens open up and a beam of light shines on me, that`s the feeling I get from cleaning a nasty crappy car!
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

u saved the interior!!! way to goo..
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful work on a registered biohazard.

Post Thanks / Like

Your "Before" pictures are EXACTLY the reason I quit detailing professionally.

I am retired and was, essentially doing detailing because I loved it and it was fun... I charged a fee, but I definitely had the love.

I got burned out on interiors like that one and didn`t find it the slightest bit enjoyable. Actually grew to dread and hate it.

Now I only do Corvettes and only for selected customers. My life is, once again, a pleasure to live!

Oh.... and... NICE WORK!
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Your "Before" pictures are EXACTLY the reason I quit detailing professionally.

I am retired and was, essentially doing detailing because I loved it and it was fun... I charged a fee, but I definitely had the love.

I got burned out on interiors like that one and didn`t find it the slightest bit enjoyable. Actually grew to dread and hate it.

Now I only do Corvettes and only for selected customers. My life is, once again, a pleasure to live!

Oh.... and... NICE WORK!
    ya the interiors are def the hardest to keep clean.
    ur picky..lol..
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

What more amazes me is how someone can let a car get to the level and feel good about driving it.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Time for a strong steamer for all that grudge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwgcmc View Post
    This was a friend of a friend and was done about 6 months ago. I quoted my average price site-unseen. I could have called her and told her it was going to be more, but I figured she might show some appreciation for going the extra mile. She is an attorney, after all. And if not, the advertising value was worth it. Well... she contacted me recently to detail this vehicle again. I turned it down, unseen. I told her to take these photos to other detail shops and ask for a quote. I still have a huge favor in reserve from my friend.
    Do you mean you were expecting a tip or referrals? Did you get either? After turning her down and showing her photos I doubt she`ll be saying great things about you.... That seems disrespectful to handle a client in that manner, unless they did something to put you down or belittle your work?

I dunno, maybe I`m missing something?

It is an incredible turnaround btw.
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Yuck!

Good job

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, nice work, a family of tobacco-chewers, apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a customer like that when I was in SC. I eventually had to crank the price up and they never came back. Man....I do not miss those types of jobs.
    Band of the Moment: Strike Anywhere

Post Thanks / Like

very nice from a roach to a clean whip

Post Thanks / Like

Great turnaround! I can`t believe people let their cars get this bad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information