Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Interior

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve spent about the last 2 hours searching the archives for info on towells (just got my zaino in today.. need some good stuff to use with it). I went to a local Bed Bath and Beyond today and found RVs for about 5 bucks each... no luck with the Charismas though.

I also saw the label Wamsutta on some towells.. i wasn`t sure if it was a brand or type of cotton or what... but thought i`d come back to the boards and check it out. There was a thread or two a while back comparing the Wamsuttas with Supima cotton to the Charisma Selects... people seemed to think they were at least on par if not a tad better... but then it sort of died and i couldn`t find any more references or mentionings of them. i believe Wamsutta is a brand like Fieldcrest. Anyone know which `model` the good supima ones are? I`m going to head back to the store later and see what kinds they have, also check prices.

Has anyone been using these? There was some intial hype over them then it all seemed to die out... Was something wrong found with them? Or did the people who got some keep using them? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about Wamsutta towels but I do know a few places that carry Charismas for good prices. If you have a HomeGoods store near you they carry the bath towels for around $7. Also some T.J. Max locations also have Charismas at good prices. The towels are irregular, but they are just fine for our needs.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure how many different types of towels are labeled Wamsutta but when I went to a local Ross I compared some Charisma towels with Wamsutta ones and the Wamsuttas were awesome! Noticeably softer . . . highly recommend checking them out!

Search for Wamsutta ! I think Likecars uses them, I still have to go buy some

Post Thanks / Like
    Wamsutta is a very good brand. In fact I am about to go sleep in my bed which has Wamsutta brand sheets they are great! :up :up
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    I brought Wamsutta 100% Supima towel from Ross back about 5,6 months ago. It rocks. I got 2 in my first outing. Managed to get another one later at another Ross. So I have 3 in total.

The one I got has a stick on label as attached here. Glad I saved the label:xyxthumbs
    (Not sure if Puterbum got the same one)

But about a month ago I stopped by Ross again(guess why ) and they have another Wamsutta with a sewed on label. Also 100% supima cotton. They feel a little different from the one I have. I liked the one I have a little better so I didn`t buy any more.

Bottonline is Ross has lots of gem but you have to be there at the right time. Good luck my friend.

Some alternate source of 100% Supima Cotton towel:

1. Kmart: Martha Stewart 5 Stars Supima towel
    http://www.bluelight.com/product/ind....784856.784616
    It is good but the loops density is less than the Wamsutta and Charisma.

2. Mervyn has the Fieldcrest- Luxury Suite brand 100% Supima towel. I like this better than the Martha Stewart towel. I would almost say it is the same as the Charisma branded differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Repost the Wamsutta Label. Need to resize to 512.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great towel, been using with Z and very happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by gti [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Repost the Wamsutta Label. Need to resize to 512. [/b]</blockquote>That`s the one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just like to add that how you treat your towel is probably equally important.

I am not too good at that and my Wamsutta has lost some softness it once has. Same for my other cotton towels.

Definitely need to improve the towel washing routine

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    the Bed Bath and Beyond store near here didn`t have the 100% supima ones. Though they did have some 100% egyptian cotton towells that were very very soft. Noticibly softer than the RVs, and only like 7 bucks. I picked up a couple (they didn`t have white so i got ivory or something) i`m in the process of washing them now, after that i`m going to cut and stitch them. I`ll let everyone know how they compare to the RVs.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, the Wamsutta ones are a lot nicer than the Charismas. They arent as thick, but are much softer. I have the 100% Egyptian cotton ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Towel quality varies from sample to sample.

You did the right thing: Let your hands be the judge. After a while you can feel a good towel with your eyes closed.

That is why I buy all towel local instead of mail order.

Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    just to compare.. or if anyone is interested.. here`s the label from the towells i got (can`t wait till the weekend.. first time with Z and get to try new towels)

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized....... only us detailing nerds/geeks would get so excited and anal about the brand of towels we use.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI... According to the local Bed, Bath and Beyond store, Eqyptian is the softest available and contains the longest cotton staples and softest loops. Next comes Supima, and then Combed Cotton. It all has to do with the cotton staple length and density...oooh! Just make sure they`re white, are made in the USA, and aren`t treated with fabric softeners, bleach, etc. My better half took all my new Fieldcrest Supima`s and wash them with fabric softener 2 days ago...I gotta learn her a thing or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information