Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Spring is almost here, and my old shop vac does not seem to have the power it once had. I would like to get a new vacuum for cleaning the cars. Can any one give me some information on what makes and models are the best. It would be nice to get a commercal grade vacuum. It needs to have good suction power and last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a great vacuum. Since it is not a Wet Vac what kind of advise do you have in regards to cleaning/vacuum needs that require a vacuum that can handle water?

Is an extractor the better way to go?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a cheap Bissell extractor for wet work. DO a search on Bissell and you will find a message from Ron K on what one to use. They can about US60.
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    Bimmer,

I needed a shop vac for my "bimmer" so I went to consumer reports to research which one to buy.

I went for the Rigid 1200 at Home Depot here in Canada.

Craftsman`s 17026 is rated #1 and the 17790 is #2 and rated a best buy in the large category.

In the medium category, the Rigid 1200 is #1 with the ShopVac QSP 925-59 second and the QVP Pump 925-54 as third

In hindsight I would have got one with a combo leaf blower but we don`t have mant trees in Calgary

(and no - I will not use it to dry my car)

My father inlaw always raved about Sears stuff and they always come to the top at CR.

In our new house all the appliances will probably be Sears brand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Michael H. and Deemo. I like the Vac N Blo machine and it sounds like it will hold up over the years. I will check out the consumer reports ratings. the rigid tools have always been excellent in my book. Have severl that out perform there lesser look alikes. I will take a look at the rigid vacs at the local Home Depot.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Ridgid wet/dry vac and a Vac N Blo. Both are great tools. The Ridgid certainly has its use around the house but the Vac N Blo is so much easier to use in the car due to its small size and light weight. The shoulder strap makes it that much more portable.

The Ridgid I have is the 4.25HP - 12 gallon unit. It`s great for its intended purpose but too bulky for car use. The Vac N Blo gets much more use than my Ridgid.

Depends on what you need vs. what you can afford. Vac N Blo`s are kind of an extravagance but wet/dry vacs are a necessity.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an older (about 4-5 years old) Craftsman 6HP, 16 Gallon Wet/Dry vac, and love it. It`s got more power than I usually ever need and the filter system is pretty good - very low dust.

To solve the "bulk" problem, I purchased a 20` extension flex hose. I don`t remember what it cost, and I`m not even sure they make them anymore, but it`s worth a look. The hose lets me leave the vacuum in a safe place while I work on the car/truck.

The newer Craftsman vac`s cost around $100, and if the extension hose cost $40, you`d have a nice system for about half the price of the VacNBlow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea Geekysteve - that is my only beef.

I wish the unit had locking castors because the exhust outlet sometimes propels the unit towards the car along with being pulled by the hose as I vacuum.

Albeit it`s slow but still a pain.

I am going to check and see if I can get an extension for my Rigid 4.5. That`s a great idea!

Similiar to a drive up unit at the car wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered the Vac `N Blo from CMA. I hope it lives up to its hype.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are very nice to make a $75 donation to CMA!

Vac `N Blo can be had for $100, not the $175 CMA is charging.

I commend your support of Autopia! I would have just mailed DB a check if I wanted to make such a large donation . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Vac N Blo`s for $100? Where? I paid $150ish for mine and I shopped extensively for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Puterbum,

Where can you purchase a Vac N Blo for $100.00? Now I`m real interested in a Vac N Blo. The machine looks real nice and sounds like it works great, but at close t $200.00 it seems a little on the pricey side.

Bretfraz - where did you get yours for $150.00?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information