Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a fantastic price. If someone is interested in a vac n blo this is the place to get it. Even if its refurbed. I say Go For It.

Post Thanks / Like
    The write up doesn`t say it`s refured? It appears to be new units????

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>You are very nice to make a $75 donation to CMA!

Vac `N Blo can be had for $100, not the $175 CMA is charging.

I commend your support of Autopia! I would have just mailed DB a check if I wanted to make such a large donation . . . [/b]</blockquote>
    I`m not sure that is the exact one that CMA is selling, it doesn`t list the model number and it doesn`t show all the attachments.

As a side, you don`t need to be such an a**wipe about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good find, I of course bought one at the higher price, i just wanted to pay more taxes so our government would not collapse.

The accessories are important, make sure the are included with that..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I made sure the accessories were included before posting, otherwise it would not have been a `deal`.

I was merely pointing out that CMA is not the only way to get things. A little time spent looking around can save you money . . . in this case I spent 40 seconds and saved $75. Not bad if you ask me. I`d take $6750 per hour anytime...

Post Thanks / Like
    HEADS UP: The Restoration HW vac is definately NOT the same as the CMA vac. I just got off the phone with them. There`s is 1.17 HP... the CMA vac is 4HP. Totally different model.

Damn... would have loved CMA`s vac for $99.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s another thread on this subject in the main forum. Brad B loves this one - enough of a recommendation for me and only $70.

Sears vacuum - wheels and pretty small.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Alan B [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>HEADS UP: The Restoration HW vac is definately NOT the same as the CMA vac. I just got off the phone with them. There`s is 1.17 HP... the CMA vac is 4HP. Totally different model.

Damn... would have loved CMA`s vac for $99. [/b]</blockquote>
    Somebody should tell Puterbum this. I guess I didn`t make a "donation" after all.

Post Thanks / Like
    CMA`s is peak HP. The write up says that it has a peak horse power of 4HP. It does not indicate what the size of the motor is. Now I need to read the other`s to see if it is a peak HP of 1.7.

???????????????

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing a search, I found the Metro Vac co. website and checked out Metro`s product line. On their website I found several flavors of the Vac `N` Blo, the regular, the car and the Jr.
    Further I went several of their distributors websites to find a better price.

The car is the one carried by CMA and Griots.

The non auto vac is is a 4.0php, and has basically the same specs as the Vac`N`Blo as car model. The least expensive place to purchase the non car Vac`N`Blo is MSC industrial supply, 149.56 or 134.60 for Quantities of 12 or more. Another source for the regular is Buy American, for 156.95.

All prices are plus shipping and applicable fees, and taxes. I am not connected to any of these companies. I am just trying to provide some info. Remeber be an informed consumer.
    Metro Vac Homepage CMA VAC Griot`s Vac MSC Industrial Supply Vac Buy American

Post Thanks / Like
    I found Metro Vac company Web site also, and was weaving my way through the information they had. I also called the Restoration Hardware Company and asked them about the Vacuum they sell. The salesperson did not know anything more than what you can read on the web site. However, she did say that this is a special and they mostlike will not run it again. Salesperson could not provide the Metro Vac part number to determine which model it is in the line.

It would appear that Restoration Hardware Vacuum is not the Auto Vac N Blo, which would mean it is not as good of a deal. It is a decent deal, but it is less of a Vacuum and has a lower price to begine with.

Thanks for the information. This has been helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I received my Vac `n Blo from CMA. Well packaged, double boxed.

My first impression is that the machine seems well made, quieter than I thought, and also lighter than I thought it would be. The attachments are a plenty and I think I`ll find a use for all of them. Outstanding sucking power, it lifted the floor mats of my wife`s Infiniti with no problem. These are heavy mats.

I`m sure I`ll be able to find many uses other than the cars for this vacuum. My wife already has given me some suggestions for it (none of which involved an auto).

The only nit I have with the vacuum so far is that it could have some "feet". The vacuum is just a cylinder with a handle, so consequently it has a tendency to roll over until it hits the handle.

In a nutshell, I`m pleased with the purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure the distributors ou see at Metro`s site will sell to consumers. Some may not. Also keep in mind things like return policies and shipping costs.

I found my vac n blo thru the Metro site. Bought it from Brookstone.com. Great price <strong class=`bbc`>and[/b] customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report on the Vac N Blo.

I gave it one more try. I called up The Restoration Hardware Company and received a salesperson that was extremely helpful. She pulled a unit and found the Metro Vac model number for the unit that they sell. It is a VNB-7B Vac N’ Blo. Per the Metrovac web site this is not the same unit as the Auto Vac N Blo which has a model number of VNB-83BA. Below are the specifications per Metro Vac.

VNB-7B Specifications:

Motor 1.17 H.P.

AMPS 6.5

Weight 8 lbs

Water Lift 60 inches

Auto Vac N BloVNB 83BA

Motor 4.0 Peak HP

AMPS 11.25?

Weight 8.5 lbs

Water Lift 95 inches

The vacuums are similar, but not the same. Also these are a clearance item. Support for them could be minimum.

On another note - maybe this shoud be a new topic. I noticed that Metro Vac has a model called AIR FORCE MOTORCYCLE DRYER. It sounds like it would work real well at blowing a car dry, instead of using a leaf blower. It even has a filter, which is something I like a lot. My big concern with blow drying my car is the use of unfiltered air which could get dirt in it. This unit would eliminate that problem. Has any one used it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was interested inthe Airforce Blaster, price is steep, even on sale. If I find other uses, I may just keep using Big Blue for now,
    http://www.hawg-wash.com/metairforbla.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information